Next Printing

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Cooley

Cooley

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 06:53 AM

I noticed the game is listed currently as out of print, will there be another print run for it?

#2 Skowza

Skowza

• Members
  • 1,131 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 01:11 PM

Is it really? I guess that firmly crushes the hopes of all  of us who still want another expansion...
It shouldn't be hard to get ahold of a copy, its still available on Amazon, and I know my local game store has at least 6 copies on the shelf.

#3 Holy Outlaw

Holy Outlaw

• Members
  • 307 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 02:36 PM

Man, how sad. I'm tempted to pick up a third copy for posterity's sake ...

#4 Kaermo

Kaermo

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 11:35 AM

What are you talking about?!

In the online shop it just says "Out of Stock". That's not QUITE the same as "Out of Print"…

It's still listed as available in the catalog, its still listed in the shop and it's one of FFG's most successful games. So as long as there's no ugly red "Not available"-sign in the catalog there's nothing to worry about.

#5 Holy Outlaw

Holy Outlaw

• Members
  • 307 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 02:34 PM

Oh, I see. Well that's a relief. Hadn't checked it myself. Thanks.

#6 Skowza

Skowza

• Members
  • 1,131 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 04:17 PM

Kaermo said:

…it's one of FFG's most successful games.

Not to pick a fight or anything, but what information are you basing this statement on?  It could be true for all I know (I hope it is, it would fuel my hopes for that 3rd expansion), but I'm curious to know if this is accurate or just conjecture on your part.

#7 Kaermo

Kaermo

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 10:58 PM

Well, honsestly it's nothing that I could prove by figures. It's just an assumption based on the obvious:

1. BSG is one of the Top 20 games on BoardGameGeek which creates a lot of ongoing attention and should create relatively constant sales. The only other highly credited game I know is Starcraft which has gone out of print because of the expiration of the Blizzard License. Blizzard was never likely not gain more attention to their video games by having a board game on the market so I guess that they were not that forthcoming with their license especially when Starcraft 2 was about to be released. It's a different story for SyFy because the BSG board game can create interest in the BSG series and lead people to buy and watch the series. If it wasn't for the board game I would have never bought the BSG DVDs… So SyFy should have an interest in FFG keeping the license and continuing to sell the game.

2. Have a look at amazon's list of bestselling strategy games. You will stll find it in a fairly high position.  I think only Citadels is higher.

3. And when thinking about FFG there are some Games which come to your mind immediately. I'd say these games are A Game of Thrones, Arkham Horror, Battlestar Galactica, Descent, Twighlight Imperium and Warhammer: Invasion. It doesn't mean that there not many other great FFG-Games and I might have missed on or two but these are very closely linked to the brand Fantasy Flight Games and anyone in the board game scene has at least heard of them.  Having a product which is that closely linked to your brand run out of print is normally a bad choice.

That's what made me assume that it is one of the most successful FFG-games and that it's not going to run out of print too soon.

#8 Skowza

Skowza

• Members
  • 1,131 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 10:39 AM

Thanks for the response, and for not being rude and aggressive about it.

#9 Holy Outlaw

Holy Outlaw

• Members
  • 307 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 08:48 AM

Yeah, some good points there. Thanks.

#10 Kaermo

Kaermo

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 10:05 AM

Skowza said:

Thanks for the response, and for not being rude and aggressive about it.

Why should I? It was an absolutely legitimate question…

Let's just hope that I'm right and that they will come up with another expansion sooner or later

#11 EdwardBlake

EdwardBlake

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 10:43 PM

There is a repritn scheduled for June 2012 in the upcoming section. Also, ThinkGeek put it up on their website for May 10th, so at the very least, the original game is still out there, and getting another printing. Hopefully that's a good sign for a new expansion.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS