Video demos?

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Alexxx

Alexxx

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 05:42 AM

I really want to get into dust warfare but i would like to get a demo of it sadly there isn't an opportunity around me.  So I was hoping maybe someone has put a demo on youtube or something.  I just want to make sure i like the game mechanics before i invest in it.  Really do like the way the game looks though and i love the art.

#2 Tequila Sousa

Tequila Sousa

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 06:39 AM

i get my book this week and i plan on reading and playing as much as i can. i'll upload the video as soon as i make it and post it here if someone doesnt beat me before hand

#3 CSMason26

CSMason26

• Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 04:22 PM

Even if they beat you still release it! A lot of us would love to see a demo, hell I'd love to see the demo! 

#4 Snowshadow

Snowshadow

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 04:42 PM

@Tequila Sousa: yes! I have been haunting youtube waiting for a Demo.

#5 Tequila Sousa

Tequila Sousa

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 01:10 AM

LMAO ok guys well i just got my book on Wednesday (arrived from a US distributor to canada) so most of Wednesday i spent going over the rules. Thursday i spent most of it reviewing the game with the store owner and such as well as other games i play there (im also into role playing games). i work now for the next 4 days but hopefully Tuesday i will film something and by Wednesday it will be up.

If you guys would like to keep in contact with me, tequilasousa@hotmail.com is my personal email.

#6 Tequila Sousa

Tequila Sousa

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 09:51 AM

update on this. i have 2 armies designed, keeping it real simple. allies are going to be 93AP and axis 96AP. got story boarding pretty much set up and im going to start working on the intro. i dont plan on having any interviews, just voice over everything with some music playing in the background. also have everything set at my local store ready to go to play the game on tuesday.

is there anything anyone wants to be included in this video or any suggestions?

#7 CSMason26

CSMason26

• Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 10:17 AM

The only thing I personally would love to see is the Heavy Laser squad in there somewhere. I just want to see realistically in a game how they turn out so I can decide how many squads I want to buy. :3

#8 Tequila Sousa

Tequila Sousa

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 10:21 AM

allies attack platoon

Command - Bazooka Joe

1st - BBQ Squad

4th - Red Devils

Support - LAW M1-C "HONEY"

this set up is designed to show how allies are fast moving and have lots of indirect fire

axis sturmgrenadiere platoon

Command - Sigrid Von Thaler

1st - Laser Grenadiers

3rd - Heavy Laser Grenadiers

support - Light Panzer Walker I-B "HERMANN"

this set up is designed to show off axis's hard hitting lasers and how devistating they can be

#9 caecitas

caecitas

• Members
  • 180 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 10:31 AM

hey again Sousa (keep running into you on here).

the allies lot shows a nice mix of rules, but for the axis perhaps go for a troop choice that isnt laser based?

#10 Tequila Sousa

Tequila Sousa

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 10:41 AM

hey not a problem. main reason why i was going with lasers is because its there main weapon of choice on several different scales. they dont have much else on type 3 that is simple and shows off what makes Axis stand out. that was part of it anyways. i rather not change up Sigrid but i could change the heavy lasers with heavy flaks instead. the flaks can still wound vehicles too so it seems more reasonable.

remember im trying to showcase each army and what makes them stand out but at the same time keep it simple. thats why im not going 150AP and why i choose the units i did. i'll think about it

anyways ya as for keep running into eachother. that just means we're bringing the community together and making the game better….

#11 caecitas

caecitas

• Members
  • 180 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 11:30 AM

agreed, but i think there is a lot more flavor then just lazers. Gorillas/undead for melee focus could prove to be nice, perhaps just a good ol' "Normal" unit of grenadeers.

#12 Tequila Sousa

Tequila Sousa

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 11:38 AM

i could go with manfred along with either battle or recon grenadiers instead. ……. (thinking)

and the reason why  im not going with zombies is because im still waiting on my axis hero expansion. my local store just switched to an american distributer (from canada) so it should hopefully arrive next week. that and im trying to stay to basic. i rather not explain why zombies get less cover or the whole "they cant hit the dirt" or anything like that. just simple straight up basic combat thats plan on both ends but enough to show difference of the 2 armies

#13 Tequila Sousa

Tequila Sousa

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 12:50 AM

dont know if anyone was still waiting on a update for this video. i have some of the video done but reviewing it i noticed small mistakes made by me and my opponent. we've played a few more games after reviewing the video and looking over the rules again. tuesday we should have another game with about 100 points each or less

once again sorry for the delay since i know a few people were hoping on this video

#14 CSMason26

CSMason26

• Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 07:28 AM

I'd post the video anways, just put in the video that it was a mistake in the video. It'll help any of the others out there who didn't know about it. :) 

#15 Tequila Sousa

Tequila Sousa

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 08:59 AM

lol, alright i'll do what i can, the video was taking a bit to edit and i guess my laptop doesnt like the size of the file much. i was thinking about actually correcting in the narriation and all. what i'll do is i'll edit the first 2 rounds and i'll post that

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS