• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 ColtsFan76

ColtsFan76

Rules Guru

• Members
  • 1,040 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 01:04 AM

I understand a company trying to save a few pennies, especially in this economy.  But after buying Android and BSG, I am done with the cardboard inserts.  They offer nothing in terms of storing your game after you open it.  What makes it even worse is that the old plastic inserts used to be among the best there were.  A Game of Thrones, Arkham Horror, etc. were nearly perfect for those games.  This new stuff is just lining my garbage can.

Please bring back the plastic insertys, I would be willing to pay the extra costs to have them in my game.

#2 sepayne7l

sepayne7l

• Members
  • 567 posts

Posted 11 February 2009 - 06:07 AM

Yeah, I agree with Brian. I'm starting to recycle the big box trays from Runebound and Dunwich for Call of Cthulhu, BSG, and Cosmic Encounter. They really help a lot.

#3 Jakews

Jakews

• Members
  • 201 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 04:08 PM

I too like it best when the game packages in and out for easy re-use like the new Conan game. For my other games like Descent and Battlelore, I found myself making my own packing system inside the box with foam core. Not as elegant as factory formed plastic, but it works.

#4 JerusalemJones

JerusalemJones

• Members
  • 1,716 posts

Posted 03 August 2009 - 03:03 AM

You know, I never really paid that much attention until this thread, but you are right. The thing is, just about every time I pick up a new game now I also buy a Chessex counter tray for all the small components. And if it doesn't have a space for the cards I buy some plastic card boxes. For BSG I would still have bought the tray for the counters, but if it came with the same type of tray as Arkham Horror does I could have just placed allt he cards in that as well (it's been awhile since i played it, but doesn't Runebound use the same inner tray?).

Yeah, I too would like it if the games came with these plastic inserts again. They make it easier to store the items.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS