Organized Play in Canada --- Milton, Ontario

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Tequila Sousa

Tequila Sousa

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 08:52 AM

I dont run the local game store but i've been my local game store's biggest supporter for Dust. Very few people were interested in the tile based games and were waiting for these rules to come out. I would like to find all those in the Greater Toronto Area who would be interested in playing friendly games, tournaments, and campaigns after we get the chance to get familar with the game.

#2 felkor

felkor

• Members
  • 998 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 12:21 PM

I live in Kitchener, and would be interested.  I don't know of any gaming group in Kitchener-Waterloo area interested in playing this game.

#3 Tequila Sousa

Tequila Sousa

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 11:56 PM

the store is called Battlegrounds, 13 Charles Street Milton Ontario

facebook page is http://www.facebook....ups/5890075263/

I actually live in Mississauga, where there would be a few more gaming stores in the area but this place can have a great player community. we had a great community for AT-43, they have a great community for Warhammer 40k and fantasy, and hopefully Dust Warfare will take off there too

#4 felkor

felkor

• Members
  • 998 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 12:58 AM

Cool.  I might come down sometime if the group is playing Dust Warfare.  I see they also have it in stock!  My local store won't have it until Wednesday.  I guess if I'm impatient I could go for a drive this weekend... :-)

#5 felkor

felkor

• Members
  • 998 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 12:59 AM

felkor said:

Cool.  I might come down sometime if the group is playing Dust Warfare.  I see they also have it in stock!  My local store won't have it until Wednesday.  I guess if I'm impatient I could go for a drive this weekend... :-)

Hmm, think I misread the post on facebook.  Oh well, I'll have it soon enough.  And thanks for the heads up on the group!

#6 Tequila Sousa

Tequila Sousa

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 01:06 AM

no problem, i dont think they have anything in stock at the moment, there are only a handful of people buying Dust there at the moment. there are a few people with dust but everyone is waiting for the tabletop rules before they get into it again. they have a fedish for tabletop games and not tiles based games

#7 toetags

toetags

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 04:39 AM

count me in. I'm new to Toronto (live in Midtown) and am looking for a new group to game with anyways, why not jump into a new system, too?

#8 Tequila Sousa

Tequila Sousa

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 02:26 AM

sweet very kool man hopefully we see you out there. im usually at the store on Wednesdays and Thursdays but i'll probably be there on Tuesdays as well. i'm also probably going to be making a demo video on Tuesday if anyone is interesting in helping or playing me in the video. go to the link above for the facebook group page, thats the store. also i live in mississauga so there is that too (just dont know any good stores around here though that allow play time on their tables for this if they had any).

#9 toetags

toetags

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 07:16 AM

damn, that store is really far from me - anyplace in the GTA?

#10 Tequila Sousa

Tequila Sousa

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 08:21 AM

lmao not that i know of. i know one place that might let us use their normal tables to play in brampton but for real terrain feel and all i would go with Battlegrounds. other then gamesworkshop, which is obvious, i dont know of any places that have space avaliable to play. one place around york U had space but i dont think they have it anymore i would need to check.

#11 Tequila Sousa

Tequila Sousa

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 12:52 AM

for anyone interested in playing in Milton Ontario, Thursday nights are going to be our dedicated Dust Warfare nights at the store. things look promising with a handful of people already playing the game and a few more waiting on there to be stock in or waiting for Red Blok… i mean Sino Soviet to come out.

#12 felkor

felkor

• Members
  • 998 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 01:09 AM

Cool.  I'm in Kitchener so it's a bit of a drive for me, but I'll try to come out sometime soon and check it out.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS