Napalm thrower/Chef flamethrower question

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 blkdymnd

blkdymnd

• Members
  • 959 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 07:13 AM

This is the only thing I can find in the book that isn't addressed 100%.

Spray weapon icon for this discussion = *

Spray weapon description says a */1 weapon is 1 dice per model in the unit just like Tactics.  It also states that a */2 is 2 dice per model, etc.  it doesn't describe the napalm thrower and Chef's flamers, which are **/1.  Now, Tactics logic would be that you could target two different units that are in range of the flamers, but Warfare is not specific from what I can see.  I'm actually discussing this point with Andy Chambers over on the Facebook group.  What's the opinion of you all on how it's handled?

#2 Dakkon426

Dakkon426

• Members
  • 762 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 07:33 AM

I would have it be */1 on 2 valid targets.

#3 blkdymnd

blkdymnd

• Members
  • 959 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 07:41 AM

Dakkon426 said:

I would have it be */1 on 2 valid targets.

Good, that's what my spidey senses were telling me as well.  Makes the Lothar a beast, I just noticed it has that as well against infantry units.

#4 mariettabrit

mariettabrit

• Members
  • 136 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 08:49 AM

I would say it means you roll 2 dice for every man in the squad... Nowhere does it mention attacking 2 units in its path (which is from DT)

#5 blkdymnd

blkdymnd

• Members
  • 959 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 08:58 AM

You're probably right, I misread the example 

#6 parcival42

parcival42

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 09:13 AM

The * is the number of dice you roll per model, so if there are two of them: **/1 you roll two dice per model in the unit. */2 means that you roll one die for each model in the unit and for every hit symbol you do 2 damage. Page 58, Spray weapons.

I'm disappointed the Nebelwefer on the Lothar doesn't ignore cover like other artillery.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS