• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Chaplin717

Chaplin717

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 04:45 AM

Greetings,

I am a refugee AT-43 player and I just recently discovered this game and will be the owner of the original core and revised set shortly.  However I am trying to plan my table out so it is all set when my order comes in.

I really liked one youtube( ) setup that used plexiglass sheets over the tiles and plan to go with that as there is a company that does custom plastic work not too far from me.  Has anyone tried this?  Any advice about this that I may want to use in my order?  I know there are options for thickness, corner rounding, and the like, but I am also not sure on the sizing.  From youtube farming, it looks like the average game is 3x3 tiles.  I think I have the tiles right as 27cmx27cm.  So the average game looks like it would need 81cmX81cm.  However I see some games that are laid out at 3x5 or 4x6.  I am thinking about doing two sheets at 4x3 (108cm x 81cm) so that I could use one sheet for 3x3 games, and then put them together for any of the larger size games.  Will this work?  Not knowing the campaign setups I am not sure if there is some combination that would not work.

For those who have had the game awhile and read the above, would you suggest a different direction if you were in my place?

TLDR:

Dust tiles= 27cm x 27cm (1x1)?

Will two sheets of 108cm x 81cm (4x3) plexiglass work for all permutations of campaign or other official game setups?

Thank you,

Latest Dust convert

#2 felkor

felkor

• Members
  • 1,080 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 05:49 AM

Chaplin717 said:

Will two sheets of 108cm x 81cm (4x3) plexiglass work for all permutations of campaign or other official game setups?

Yes. The vast majority of scenarios are 4x3 with two 6x4 scenarios in the Operation Cerberus campaign.  I can't see them ever doing any that are bigger as there aren't too many people that would have tables that would work for it.

James

#3 Chaplin717

Chaplin717

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 06:04 AM

Okay, thank you.

Can you confirm that a tile is 27cm x 27cm?  I am going by the original core set manual that is on FFG's website saying that the game is played on 9cmX9cm squares on with a tile composed of 3x3 squares.

#4 felkor

felkor

• Members
  • 1,080 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 06:09 AM

Chaplin717 said:

Okay, thank you.

Can you confirm that a tile is 27cm x 27cm?  I am going by the original core set manual that is on FFG's website saying that the game is played on 9cmX9cm squares on with a tile composed of 3x3 squares.

I'm at work and can't confirm the size, but I can confirm that a tile is a little bit smaller than 1' x 1', so if you get plexiglass that is 3' x 4' that would let you cover 3x4 tiles with a little bit of room to spare.

#5 Dakkon426

Dakkon426

• Members
  • 762 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 06:42 AM

a tile is about 11" x 11" i would saw being a bit bigger would be better though as youll probaly want space around the edges for units cards and such.

#6 Loophole Master

Loophole Master

• Members
  • 1,938 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 07:43 AM

They're just a wee bit larger than 27x27cm. Not quite 28x28cm but somewhere in between. Give yourself a little extra room to breathe.

#7 Chaplin717

Chaplin717

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 08:04 AM

Thank you all.  I think I will combine the advice and go for 4x3 feet (x2) and have some extra room.  Off to the plastic place...

#8 adlerhobby

adlerhobby

• Members
  • 137 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 09:37 AM

Another option is 3 or 4 sheets that are 4 x 2 this allows alot on configurations and stores nice if space is a consideration , this give 4x4 4x6 & 4x8 options for many games. Just a thought!

#9 mgentile7

mgentile7

• Members
  • 723 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 04:41 PM

Go with at least 1/8" thick plex as it will lay flat. 1/4" is best though and will be more durable if dropped but it all depends on what you can get in your area.

#10 mgentile7

mgentile7

• Members
  • 723 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 04:44 PM

Chaplin717 said:

Greetings,

I am a refugee AT-43 player and I just recently discovered this game and will be the owner of the original core and revised set shortly.  However I am trying to plan my table out so it is all set when my order comes in.

I really liked one youtube( ) setup that used plexiglass sheets over the tiles and plan to go with that as there is a company that does custom plastic work not too far from me.  Has anyone tried this?  Any advice about this that I may want to use in my order?  I know there are options for thickness, corner rounding, and the like, but I am also not sure on the sizing.  From youtube farming, it looks like the average game is 3x3 tiles.  I think I have the tiles right as 27cmx27cm.  So the average game looks like it would need 81cmX81cm.  However I see some games that are laid out at 3x5 or 4x6.  I am thinking about doing two sheets at 4x3 (108cm x 81cm) so that I could use one sheet for 3x3 games, and then put them together for any of the larger size games.  Will this work?  Not knowing the campaign setups I am not sure if there is some combination that would not work.

For those who have had the game awhile and read the above, would you suggest a different direction if you were in my place?

TLDR:

Dust tiles= 27cm x 27cm (1x1)?

Thank you,

Latest Dust convert

Im a AT43 player as well. Still love and play the game as I have over 700 minis plus vehicles. I think you will find DUst to be just as great a play and the minis are just as cool. Good luck.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS