Honour the Chapter page count??

• Please log in to reply
147 replies to this topic

#1 lurkerabove

lurkerabove

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 01:38 AM

Does anyone know what the page count will be for this book??

#2 N0-1_H3r3

N0-1_H3r3

Former Contributing Freelance Writer

• Members
  • 3,328 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 03:59 AM

Well, on this page, the price is listed as $39.95, which is the same as First Founding cost, so I imagine it'll be the same size.

Writing Credits for Fantasy Flight Games: Into the Storm, Edge of the Abyss, Battlefleet Koronus, Hostile Acquisitions, Black Crusade Core Rulebook, First Founding, The Jericho Reach, The Soul Reaver, Only War, The Navis Primer,Ark of Lost Souls, and Hammer of the Emperor

I no longer write for, or am employed by, Fantasy Flight Games in any fashion. All of my comments are my own, and do not reflect the opinions of any employer, past, present, or future.

#3 Gaire

Gaire

• Members
  • 348 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 11:29 AM

Yeah, I'd hazard a guess that it'd be about as long as First Founding, just based on content.

#4 Dulahan

Dulahan

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 01:08 PM

Anyone know the likely release date yet?

#5 Deepstriker

Deepstriker

• Members
  • 214 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 08:45 PM

Dulahan said:

Anyone know the likely release date yet?

Says there "late second quarter".  Diamond book distributors state on their site it should be on sale 30 June 2012 which is end of second quarter.

#6 csabesz

csabesz

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 09:49 AM

Figuring out the page count for any given W40k RPG book is very easy:

• $24.95 (single adventures) - cca. 72 pages
  • $39.95 (general supplements) - cca. 140-144 pages
  • $49.95 (major supplements) - cca. 256 pages
  • $59.95 (core rulebooks) - cca. 400 pages

#7 inertiakitty

inertiakitty

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 02:18 AM

Deepstriker said:

Dulahan said:

Says there "late second quarter".  Diamond book distributors state on their site it should be on sale 30 June 2012 which is end of second quarter.

Unless the "Upcoming" page hasn't been updated in a while, it's still at the printer.  Which means 4 - 6 weeks On The Boat, 7 - 10 days shipping, and THEN our favorite retailers get it.  I fear their Q2 projection may be in jeopardy.

Not that I've been checking the Upcoming page every day since they announced the book on March 8 shouting "TURN INTO A BOAT!"  That would make me seem obsessed…

#8 Dulahan

Dulahan

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 04:54 AM

inertiakitty said:

Unless the "Upcoming" page hasn't been updated in a while, it's still at the printer.  Which means 4 - 6 weeks On The Boat, 7 - 10 days shipping, and THEN our favorite retailers get it.  I fear their Q2 projection may be in jeopardy.

Not that I've been checking the Upcoming page every day since they announced the book on March 8 shouting "TURN INTO A BOAT!"  That would make me seem obsessed…

Honestly, FFG has been terrible about updating things like that lately.  So I have a feeling it'll just suddenly be in stock.

#9 H.B.M.C.

H.B.M.C.

Freelance Writer/Play-Tester

• Members
  • 1,486 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 06:26 PM

I wouldn't put to much faith into the in development/at the printers/on the boat preview thingy. I've known several books to be at one stage of development yet their icons say otherwise. It's a rough guide at best, with emphasis on rough.

BYE

Matt Eustace. Contributing Author Credits: Church of the Damned, The Lathe Worlds, The Lathe Worlds - The Lost Dataslate, Only War Core Rulebook, Hammer of the Emperor, Shield of Humanity, Tome of Fate, Tome of Blood, Tome of Excess and Tome of Decay.

The views expressed in this post are my own. I do not speak for or on behalf of Fantasy Flight Games.

#10 Blood Pact

Blood Pact

• Members
  • 883 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 06:59 PM

Well, one thing to remember is that they still have June left in this quarter, though they might stagger stuff a bit in to early July, if they're going to make it at all.

Honestly what I'm finding most frustrating is that there's a whole slew of stuff that's been announced, but it feels like it's been a couple months since we've had any sort of preview, for anything 40K related.

#11 inertiakitty

inertiakitty

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 08:46 AM

Furthermore, there've been no updates to the Deathwatch Support page in over a year, that I can see.  It's as if they're, well…  NOT supporting it anymore.

#12 Dulahan

Dulahan

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 08:53 AM

I have to wonder if the person who was in charge of 40k previews and such quit or something. 

And blast it, I want to know when Honour the Chapter will land!   A lot of gaming sites are saying July now, which is post Q2.

#13 Gaire

Gaire

• Members
  • 348 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 02:05 PM

I've stopped paying attention to the Upcoming page, especially since it still lists Rising Tempest as being at the printers. The copy I saw at an FLGS last weekend says otherwise.

#14 andrewm9

andrewm9

• Members
  • 178 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 01:16 AM

And shockingly I got mine from Amazon a couple fo days ago and saw the download on DTRPG a day before that.

#15 Dulahan

Dulahan

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 05:54 AM

Really, I'd love just seeing a Table of Contents or getting spoiled on what new Chapters will receive full write ups in this.  Because, well, that's what I'm most looking forward to!

Heck, even just how many new chapters there will be.

#16 Gurkhal

Gurkhal

• Members
  • 1,082 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 07:46 AM

Dulahan said:

Really, I'd love just seeing a Table of Contents or getting spoiled on what new Chapters will receive full write ups in this.  Because, well, that's what I'm most looking forward to!

Heck, even just how many new chapters there will be.

I agree with this and I am more interesting in the Chapter-count than the page count. I'm hoping for at least ten Chapters with a similar or larger write-up than what has been given for the First Founding Chapters (and Black Templars and Storm Wardens).

#17 Dulahan

Dulahan

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 09:08 AM

So in the meantime… what chapters do you all reckon we'll get?

I think Crimson Fists are about as sure a thing as can be, since that appears to be what the cover art shows.

The other chapters in Rites of Battle?

Just some off the more famous successors and/or those with significant deviances?

Any "New" chapters?  I know there's at least one other that gets mentioned in the Jericho Crusade book a LOT* - but I can't remember which one it is.

I also have a longshot hope for the Night Watch…  They apparently committed 11 Companies to the 13th Black Crusade defense action, that's… interesting indeed.  Not to mention have a neat symbol and color scheme.

EDIT:  * The Dark Sons is the one.  They get mentioned a ton in Jericho Reach, participating  in all sorts of things.  So I'm hoping they show up too.  Most I can find out is they seem to be a Novamarines (And thus, Ultramarines) successor chapter.

#18 Gurkhal

Gurkhal

• Members
  • 1,082 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 09:29 AM

Dulahan said:

So in the meantime… what chapters do you all reckon we'll get?

My list would thus be this:

Storm Wardens (due to the preview)

Crimson Fists (because they're on the cover, as having been mentioned)

Marines Errant (a character from Jericho Reach/Achileus Crusade books)

Astral Claws (a character from Jericho Reach/Achileus Crusade books)

Red Scorpions (a character from Jericho Reach/Achileus Crusade books)

Dark Sons (been mentioned in the background)

Charnel Guard (I got this memory of them being mentioned in the background, or am I thinking about Dark Heresy?)

#19 Dulahan

Dulahan

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 10:02 AM

Good call on the ones that have character NPCs.  Astral Claws will be especially interesting given their eventual treason.

Charnel Guard is a Dark Heresy mention, no heraldry known.  But they sound interesting  (And still another example of a Loyalist chapter with a Chaos Sounding name.  This is like a pattern!  The Good guys sound bad, the bad ones sound good).

That being said.  the preview says the book will introduce a "huge number of the other myriad chapters."

That's vague, but what's a huge number?  To me it implies a lot more than just 5 or 6.  And it also says they'll be in as much depth as past chapters.  Admittedly, it's also marketing speak, so might not be something we should read too much into.

However, a few other things… there's only two chapters that need to be covered in additional detail from the originally published ones.  And it makes no mention of an adventure in the book either,, just seeds.  If we presume 6 pages a chapter, we could be looking at up to 20 or so total, so 18ish new ones.  I'll wager it will be closer to 12 (72 pages, or a bit over half a 120ish page book), give or take, to leave room for other random fluff and/or Advanced Classes.  If only 4 pages, it could be much higher…

EDIT:  I do hope there will be some more  'shooty' chapters, because there's a HEAVY focus on Melee ones at the moment.

#20 Gaire

Gaire

• Members
  • 348 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 12:09 PM

Black Templars (Templari? I'm never sure) will almost certainly get some new stuff. Personally, I'd still like to see Raptors or Mentor Legion, as well as Carcharodons and maybe some of the other chapters involved in the Badab War. Holding out for Blood Ravens, even though it probably won't happen.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS