Movement questions

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Cooley

Cooley

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 12:40 PM

Ok I am new to the game, played the base game once. So don't spank me too bad for being silly

Let's say I am playing Lee, it's my movement phase and I am in a launched viper can I.....

a) Land the Viper on Colonial 1?

b)Land the viper on Galactica and then continue moving in the same turn to Colonial 1 by paying the skill card?

I only asked about "a" because they landed vipers on it in the show.

#2 Holy Outlaw

Holy Outlaw

• Members
  • 307 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 01:45 PM

Cooley,

Yes to "a," but no to "b". Landing the viper takes your movement. You have only one action left at that point. It's worth noting that whatever ship you land the viper on, you have to pay the one card discard (which, incidentally, does not have to be random even though you're Apollo; please don't ask me why that is, it just is). It's worth noting that Apollo's ability is very exploitable once you understand the piloting rules (e.g., you can land in "Command," and then use its ability to trigger Apollo's ability, allowing you two unmanned activation, one of which will be to hop back out and still have another action; sort of a free movement trick if you didn't like the square you were in or wanted other vipers to move or fire).

Anyway, happy gaming!

#3 Cooley

Cooley

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 01:58 PM

Thank you!

I just found a reference to this rule on page 26 about the same time you posted, but your explaination covered another question I would have had

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS