Best way to play 4 player game?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 felkor

felkor

• Members
  • 998 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 04:42 AM

We're going to be hopefully playing a 4-player game on Saturday (doing the 4-player Cerberus scenario.)

From what I've read, it sounds like the best way to do it is to have both players from one side go, and then both players from the other side go.  Is that the general agreement?

Also, if player A has used all its units but Player B hasn't, then I assume it will just be Player B going for that round until all his units have been activated, correct?  Or does anyone somehow play it differently?

#2 Major Mishap

Major Mishap

• Members
  • 1,727 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 05:19 AM

We play a lot of multiplayer games and play it as you have mentioned - works perfectly.

#3 Jiltedtoo

Jiltedtoo

• Members
  • 155 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 05:27 AM

We have played 4 player games before where we have each roled initiative. The winner picks if he wants to go first or last then so on.

Mixes things up a little every turn.

#4 Algesan

Algesan

• Members
  • 286 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 11:24 PM

Jiltedtoo said:

We have played 4 player games before where we have each roled initiative. The winner picks if he wants to go first or last then so on.

Mixes things up a little every turn.

We've done that once and it was fun.  Mainly we just alternate with one player from Side A going, then one from Side B.

#5 FlorisH

FlorisH

• Members
  • 212 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 09:13 PM

One player from side A then one player from side B.

Within that you can agree to take it in turns to activate a unit when it is the turn for your side to activate or you don't agree anything and will have to work out during the game who can activate a unit when it is your turn to activate.
The first version works faster and the second version means a lot of talking, fun and panic as your units end up in trouble.

#6 felkor

felkor

• Members
  • 998 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 02:00 AM

We played 4 players on Saturday, playing it such that both players from Side A went, then both players from Side B went.  I hoped it would go faster, but most of the time people were waiting for their teammate to go, and as often as not, someone on the team that was supposed to go didn't realize that it was already back to being their turn.

So in the future, I might try the one person from Side A, one person from Side B, way of doing it, in some way that it is always clear whose turn it is.  The game was fun, but for some reason people found it confusing to have both people one side going simultaneously.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS