ImperfectOne

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 10:57 PM

Hi,

I have a question about Elder Sign card. The card text is:

"Pass: 

The keeper must move each monster in your room 2 spaces away from you."

What exactly away means? Should all monsters in the room move 2 spaces in - let's call it - "an opposite direction of the investigator"? Or maybe, the keeper is free to place the monsters anywhere in the room as long as they are at least 2 spaces away from the investigator? 

In other words, "2 spaces" is that how far away from the investigator monsters need to be after the move?

Is there any official ruling for that?

#2 MaddockKrug

MaddockKrug

• Members
  • 203 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 01:57 AM

Hi.

ImperfectOne said:

"Pass: 

What exactly away means? Should all monsters in the room move 2 spaces in - let's call it - "an opposite direction of the investigator"? Or maybe, the keeper is free to place the monsters anywhere in the room as long as they are at least 2 spaces away from the investigator? 

In other words, "2 spaces" is that how far away from the investigator monsters need to be after the move?

Is there any official ruling for that?

No idea, if there is an "official" ruling. Until now I played it as literally as possible:

Between the Investigator and the monster(s) the distance is extended by two spaces.

All the best!

Mad

For GM: Mad's Adventure, Adventure Hooks, NPCs, and Locations - same at RPGGEEK

SW, to me, is a Spaghetti Western with space ships for horses. No matter what you do it causes a problem.  You just might save the day.  Crazy heroics and adventure!

#3 Julia

Julia

I survived Avi's apocalypse

• Members
  • 5,611 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 04:34 AM

ImperfectOne said:

Hi,

I have a question about Elder Sign card. The card text is:

"Pass: 

I's go with this one: 2 spaces away = + 2 spaces from the postion they're now. So you take the figurines and move them two spaces from the actual position, according to the direction opposite to the one leading to the investigator.

So, if you have a monster in your very space, now it's distant two spaces from you. If it's previously in a space adjacent to your, now it's three spaces away. And so on

We have dragged Reason from her Throne and set in her place the Empress of Dreams [liber Endvra]
Custom Arkham Horror material / Arkham Horror Advanced Players League

#4 GrimJester

GrimJester

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 08:49 AM

I agree with Julia.  To add to the reasoning, think of the thematic logic.  This item is repulsing creatures.  If a creature is three spaces away, you wouldn't move it closer so that it was two spaces away.

#5 9-Jack-9

9-Jack-9

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 10:28 AM

I've always played this as the keeper's choice -- so, for example, the keeper can move the critter two spaces in the direction the investigators were going (say, through a door at the end of a hallway). The monster is repelled, but that doesn't mean that it's necessarily in the ideal direction for the investigators (meaning that the keeper can also move a creature through rooms where other investigators are, causing them to make horror checks).

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS