Jump to content



Photo

"X" pansions!


  • Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#1 Budgernaut

Budgernaut

    The Uncanny One

  • Members
  • 1,602 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 07:22 AM

 We have expansion packs, folks! I'm totally excited. I think I'm dropping LotR this instant. These look so awesome! And Y-wings got long range after all!


"There is a fine line between neutral and amoral. In fact, there may be no line there at all."

--Count Dooku


#2 Parakitor

Parakitor

    Member

  • Members
  • 996 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 07:31 AM

[Squeeling with delight] I can't believe there's finally an update!!!! I am so stoked about the pilots -- like Salm for the Y-wing and Maarek Steele for the TIE advanced!


"That starship won't fly, Bastila."


#3 Slipstream

Slipstream

    Member

  • Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 07:35 AM

This is the perfect avenue to finally see Green Squadron fleshed out (outside of my own Saga RPG fan creation). As soon as the A-Wing expansions release, I'm in. Hopefully Hasbro, whose the only ones that release the actual green variant A-Wing in their toys (LEGO also released a green A-Wing in it's Home One set for Toys R Us). 



#4 Budgernaut

Budgernaut

    The Uncanny One

  • Members
  • 1,602 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 07:35 AM

 I love the polish the graphic designers gave the components. It really looks like top-quality stuff. I hope it plays that way as well.

And hey, now we know what the modern myth site was referring to when it said the core will be released with X-wing, TIE Fighter, Y-Wing, and TIE Advanced. It meant they're released together, not part of the core set. So what they said was true, from a certain point of view.


"There is a fine line between neutral and amoral. In fact, there may be no line there at all."

--Count Dooku


#5 sepayne7l

sepayne7l

    Member

  • Members
  • 568 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 11:46 AM

The minis look great. I seriously want a Slave-1 and Falcon.  A B-wing, too. It's nice to hear more about the game. 

It's still listed as being "at the factory" but I imagine it may be on its way soon because of the update.

 



#6 zachbunn

zachbunn

    Member

  • Members
  • 101 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 12:02 PM

 Absolutely cannot wait for this. It's been waaay too long since I've had a quality Star Wars games top lay. Couldn't be happier that Fantasy Flight has the license for Star Wars games. Amped!


Do or do not, there is no try.


#7 Budgernaut

Budgernaut

    The Uncanny One

  • Members
  • 1,602 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 12:29 PM

sepayne7l said:

 

It's still listed as being "at the factory" but I imagine it may be on its way soon because of the update.

 

 

Yeah, I think it's gonna be coming along soon. I'm estimating early January. These previews seemed to have an extensive list of other updates to look forward to. If they give us one update a week till the release, we could see between 7 - 12 updates, I'm thinking. Lists of updates could include squad-building, game mechanics, in-depth looks at each fighter and the pilots it comes with and strategy discussions. I just hope that they keep the momentum now that they've got back into it.

EDIT: And I totally agree about the Slave I and the Falcon. I wonder if we'll see Boba Fett, Bossk, and Dengar in the Slave I and Chewbacca, Han, and Lando in the Falcon.


"There is a fine line between neutral and amoral. In fact, there may be no line there at all."

--Count Dooku


#8 Parakitor

Parakitor

    Member

  • Members
  • 996 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 01:01 PM

Budgernaut, did you mean early June (instead of January)?

So, do my eyes deceive me, or are those fighters on variable altitude stands? For me, it's slightly intimidating, but I've never played a game that involves variable altitude, so I'm willing to give it a try.


"That starship won't fly, Bastila."


#9 I. J. Thompson

I. J. Thompson

    Member

  • Members
  • 990 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 01:05 PM

 Well, I'll be... I'm excited again! I'm such a pushover. 

$15 a ship still seems pretty insane, but these models look good (though something seems a little off on the TIE Advanced to me, but that's a nitpick). This has the looks of a quality game, and I'm a sucker for bits and bobs (custom dice - EEEEEEE!!!!!). As long as they keep the previews coming, so that we can be sure we're not buying a ten-ton turkey, I could see myself getting pretty fired up about this game once again! 

[EDIT: I hope they don't bother with variable altitude - it just seems like potentially broken parts, for very little gain to me]



#10 Budgernaut

Budgernaut

    The Uncanny One

  • Members
  • 1,602 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 01:05 PM

 Oh . . . yes . . . June. My mistake. I promise I was not trying to be snide.


"There is a fine line between neutral and amoral. In fact, there may be no line there at all."

--Count Dooku


#11 I. J. Thompson

I. J. Thompson

    Member

  • Members
  • 990 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 01:17 PM

"All of the X-Wing miniatures have been recreated to scale with painstaking accuracy, and the results are stunning."    

IG-58 and Dog Solitude, how does this statement jive with your expert peepers?

 

 

 

 

 



#12 ImmortalJedi

ImmortalJedi

    Member

  • Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 03:53 PM

Between the starter set, expansions, and the dice set, it looks like I'll be spending about $110 on release day. I actually can't wait to spend that money!



#13 qwertyuiop

qwertyuiop

    Member

  • Members
  • 815 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 04:13 PM

 Stay on target!



#14 Alpha Chaos 13

Alpha Chaos 13

    Member

  • Members
  • 270 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 01:01 AM

Slipstream said:

This is the perfect avenue to finally see Green Squadron fleshed out (outside of my own Saga RPG fan creation). As soon as the A-Wing expansions release, I'm in. Hopefully Hasbro, whose the only ones that release the actual green variant A-Wing in their toys (LEGO also released a green A-Wing in it's Home One set for Toys R Us). 

All about the A-Wing, totally agree! One thing that I don't recall reading or hearing about is what are these minis made of? Soft plastic like the Wizards of the Coast line? Hope not (bendy wings & guns make me twitch). Metal? Better, but probably too top-heavy. Hard plastic? That's what I'm guessing. I have never bought any FFG miniatures, so I don't know what they normally do. Insight is appreciated...



#15 spirit

spirit

    Member

  • Members
  • 417 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 01:30 AM

Finally something concrete about one of the Star Wars games and it does look very tasty. 



#16 qwertyuiop

qwertyuiop

    Member

  • Members
  • 815 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 03:17 AM

Alpha Chaos 13 said:

Slipstream said:

 

This is the perfect avenue to finally see Green Squadron fleshed out (outside of my own Saga RPG fan creation). As soon as the A-Wing expansions release, I'm in. Hopefully Hasbro, whose the only ones that release the actual green variant A-Wing in their toys (LEGO also released a green A-Wing in it's Home One set for Toys R Us). 

 

 

All about the A-Wing, totally agree! One thing that I don't recall reading or hearing about is what are these minis made of? Soft plastic like the Wizards of the Coast line? Hope not (bendy wings & guns make me twitch). Metal? Better, but probably too top-heavy. Hard plastic? That's what I'm guessing. I have never bought any FFG miniatures, so I don't know what they normally do. Insight is appreciated...

I imagine they'd be similar to the Wings of War minis, which is a nice hard plastic. I'm so ready for this game to be awesome...since we'll probably never see an updated X-Wing PC title.



#17 spalanzani

spalanzani

    Member

  • Members
  • 813 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 04:09 AM

spirit said:

Finally something concrete about one of the Star Wars games and it does look very tasty. 

Doesn't it just!! I can't decide if I'm excited for this because it looks like a good game or because the other one is dead in the water, so I've got to be excited about something with the Star Wars label on it. But my goodness me, those miniatures and cards do look magnificent!


www.spalanz.com - everything you never wanted to know about me, in one place.


#18 Alpha Chaos 13

Alpha Chaos 13

    Member

  • Members
  • 270 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 07:15 AM

qwertyuiop said:

Alpha Chaos 13 said:

 

Slipstream said:

 

This is the perfect avenue to finally see Green Squadron fleshed out (outside of my own Saga RPG fan creation). As soon as the A-Wing expansions release, I'm in. Hopefully Hasbro, whose the only ones that release the actual green variant A-Wing in their toys (LEGO also released a green A-Wing in it's Home One set for Toys R Us). 

 

 

All about the A-Wing, totally agree! One thing that I don't recall reading or hearing about is what are these minis made of? Soft plastic like the Wizards of the Coast line? Hope not (bendy wings & guns make me twitch). Metal? Better, but probably too top-heavy. Hard plastic? That's what I'm guessing. I have never bought any FFG miniatures, so I don't know what they normally do. Insight is appreciated...

 

 

I imagine they'd be similar to the Wings of War minis, which is a nice hard plastic. I'm so ready for this game to be awesome...since we'll probably never see an updated X-Wing PC title.

That's what I would have thought. Thank you!



#19 Parakitor

Parakitor

    Member

  • Members
  • 996 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 02:56 PM

Holy cow! There are 676 Facebook "Like"s on the "Prepare to Launch the Starfighters" article. I'd say this is a good sign for FFG -- and I'll probably have people to play with in my area!


"That starship won't fly, Bastila."


#20 spirit

spirit

    Member

  • Members
  • 417 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 09:20 PM

Not sure how many of my friends will buy but I will be :) Very much looking forward to this now :) 






© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS