Story 2 Questions [Spoiler]

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Rodzilla68

Rodzilla68

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 08:09 AM

1.  The first event card says to place a cult leader in the chapel.  Can you pick any space or should he be in the space next to the door?

2.  The third event card says investigators may move one space.  If they are in a space with a monster, does normal evade apply?

3.  When drawing cards for the Dark Ritual, can you draw them one at a time or is it a blind draw?

4.  Not specific to this story, but when do monsters become un-stunned?  It says during investigator trading OR monster attack.  If an investigator attacks a monster which results in the monster being stunned and then you start the keeper's turn and it's trading time and suddenly the monster is un-stunned there really is no point because now he can move and attack.  The only benefit would be if an investigator attacks and THEN moves out of the square on the same turn they could avoid an evade check.

#2 Dam

Dam

• Members
  • 7,272 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 08:22 AM

Rodzilla68 said:

1.  The first event card says to place a cult leader in the chapel.  Can you pick any space or should he be in the space next to the door?

2.  The third event card says investigators may move one space.  If they are in a space with a monster, does normal evade apply?

3.  When drawing cards for the Dark Ritual, can you draw them one at a time or is it a blind draw?

4.  Not specific to this story, but when do monsters become un-stunned?  It says during investigator trading OR monster attack.  If an investigator attacks a monster which results in the monster being stunned and then you start the keeper's turn and it's trading time and suddenly the monster is un-stunned there really is no point because now he can move and attack.  The only benefit would be if an investigator attacks and THEN moves out of the square on the same turn they could avoid an evade check.

#1: Any space

#2: Yes, it's not the Keeper moving, it is the investigators' choice on move or not, so Evade needed.

#3: Doesn't really matter ultimately, does it? Too lazy to check the wording, but I'd say all on one go, then discard if needed.

#4: During the Monster Attack Phase, Keeper discards 1 Stun token off each monster.

"A dirty mind is its own reward."

#3 MaddockKrug

MaddockKrug

• Members
  • 203 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 07:50 PM

Hi.

Rodzilla68 said:

1. Any.

2. Yes. The evade-check does not take place if a monster is stunned, the Keeper moves the Investigator or the Investigator attacks the monster; which means: in any other case the Investigator needs to evade, if his/her player decides/ may decide to move the investigator.

3. One at a time. You pay one threat, you get your cards; if you are not satisfied, you pay another threat and you get more cards. But keep in mind that you may only hold up to 4 cards each for Trauma and for Mythos; if you hit the limit, you need to discard cards accordingly. And also keep in mind that you only have a small number of threats, if you did not save up ...

4. You un-stun monster in step 4 of the Keeper's turn; instead of attacking with a monster you may discard one stun-token.

All the best!

Mad

Edit - P.S.: Too early in the morning; so with the exception of point 3 I literally wrote the same as Dam ...

For GM: Mad's Adventure, Adventure Hooks, NPCs, and Locations - same at RPGGEEK

SW, to me, is a Spaghetti Western with space ships for horses. No matter what you do it causes a problem.  You just might save the day.  Crazy heroics and adventure!

#4 Rodzilla68

Rodzilla68

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 02:04 PM

Thanks for the responses.  My thought with question 3 was that if you have 4 cultists on the board, you get 4 cards - but do you have decide before you draw what combination you want?  I just wasn't sure if the Keeper had to say "I'm taking 2 of each" and just draw the top two from each deck or if he could draw one card at a time and pick which deck he was drawing from until he got 4 cards.  I guess as long as he only has a max of 4 of each kind by the end of the draw, it doesn't matter.

#5 MaddockKrug

MaddockKrug

• Members
  • 203 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 07:27 PM

Hi there,

sorry, in my first answer I confused the Keeper-Action Card with another one.

> quote >

My thought with question 3 was that if you have 4 cultists on the board, you get 4 cards - but do you have decide before you draw what combination you want?

/quote

The rules do not clearly mention it. But actually that does not matter - it is the Keeper's call. If he wishes to restrain himself: decision before drawing, so all at once; if he wishes so influence it slightly: one by one

> quote >

I just wasn't sure if the Keeper had to say "I'm taking 2 of each" and just draw the top two from each deck or if he could draw one card at a time and pick which deck he was drawing from until he got 4 cards.

/quote

I would play it the latter way; but as I wrote earlier: your call actually.

>quote>

I guess as long as he only has a max of 4 of each kind by the end of the draw, it doesn't matter.

/quote

The limit comes into play as soon as you get more then four cards of a kind; and then you have to instantaneously discard cards above this limit; so in theory: if you have four Mythos cards, then you could draw four Mythos cards in your example above; and while drawing cards (one at a time)  you decide for each card to discard it again or to get rid of one of the "old ones already on your hand". The rules do not tell you to discard cards unseen; so you have a slight chance to check each card before deciding which one to discard.

All the best!

Mad

For GM: Mad's Adventure, Adventure Hooks, NPCs, and Locations - same at RPGGEEK

SW, to me, is a Spaghetti Western with space ships for horses. No matter what you do it causes a problem.  You just might save the day.  Crazy heroics and adventure!

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS