Dust Warfare shipped!

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 zuggzugg

zuggzugg

• Members
  • 185 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 05:10 AM

Just got an email saying my copy has shipped!

#2 felkor

felkor

• Members
  • 998 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 05:33 AM

Where did you order it from?

#3 reptilebro1

reptilebro1

• Members
  • 245 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 07:39 AM

I ordered mine from Minature Market and got my shipping confirmation yesterday. Should arrive on Monday per UPS

#4 Dakkon426

Dakkon426

• Members
  • 762 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 08:20 AM

reptilebro1 said:

I ordered mine from Minature Market and got my shipping confirmation yesterday. Should arrive on Monday per UPS

Same here. cant wait.

#5 SGTManuel

SGTManuel

• Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 04:28 PM

Yep shippment tracker from UPS says mine will be here tomorrow, looking forward to playing this weekend.  I guess it's the only good thing about being at Riley, Missouri is right next to us.  I miss not having a local store, but the one here closed and sucked even before that.

#6 GrumpyBatman

GrumpyBatman

• Members
  • 127 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 05:34 PM

Are there any game stores left in JC or Manhattan worth playing at?  I cut my gaming teeth at Master Gamer in Aggieville, but I know it's long gone. 

#7 SGTManuel

SGTManuel

• Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 06:01 PM

Nope, the one that was here just closed down, but they had a horrible business, they rarely had stuff in stock, always wanted you to order it but it usually took them 2 weeks plus to get it, usually overcharged and terrible hours.  I have found a lot of players for 40k, and getting a few guys into Dust but I mainly play with my kids, I have my garage set up to play, the other people I know play at the on base MWR or their houses. The closest store is in Kansas City due to the one in Topeka closing but that was before my last deployment so someone may have opened another one there without me knowing.

#8 Dcal12

Dcal12

• Members
  • 410 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 01:36 PM

Dakkon426 said:

reptilebro1 said:

Same here. cant wait.

Got mine from MM yesterday.  WOOHOOO! 

#9 ottocannon

ottocannon

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 02:41 PM

Got mine from my local store! You guys need to support them ,(if you have one) so you can play there,and meet fellow Gamers.

#10 felkor

felkor

• Members
  • 998 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 03:06 PM

ottocannon said:

Got mine from my local store! You guys need to support them ,(if you have one) so you can play there,and meet fellow Gamers.

My local store doesn't have tables for playing - it just sells games.  And the online retailer I usually buy from gets shipped from the owner's house which is actually closer to me than my local store.  Makes it not feel like there's that much of a difference in who I support.

#11 GrumpyBatman

GrumpyBatman

• Members
  • 127 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 03:44 PM

SGTManuel said:

Nope, the one that was here just closed down, but they had a horrible business, they rarely had stuff in stock, always wanted you to order it but it usually took them 2 weeks plus to get it, usually overcharged and terrible hours.  I have found a lot of players for 40k, and getting a few guys into Dust but I mainly play with my kids, I have my garage set up to play, the other people I know play at the on base MWR or their houses. The closest store is in Kansas City due to the one in Topeka closing but that was before my last deployment so someone may have opened another one there without me knowing.

Unfortunately, neither of the two Kansas side stores promote Dust Tactics/Warfare. One of them says they sell a decent amount, but no one plays in the game room. So, I pretty much play at my house as well with my son or a couple of friends who drop by once in a while to play. I have sent emails to FFG about running an event at one of the local conventions to drum up interest, but no reply other than someone will contact me.

#12 SGTManuel

SGTManuel

• Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 04:44 PM

I would love to drum up so more interest myself.  I was thinking about trying to get some Demos going once I learned the rules well enough.  But I will let you know if I am up that way for a extended amount of time always nice to get a game in against someone different.

#13 reptilebro1

reptilebro1

• Members
  • 245 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 05:49 AM

My FLGS sells the stuff and I generally purchase from them. We cannot get Game Night Kits because we dont have enough players and it is hard to drum up intrest when we don't have promotional stuff. Kind of a double edged sword?

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS