Core Set Rulebook?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 smguy

smguy

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 07:51 AM

Hey, a friend and I were thinking about picking up the core Dust Tactics set in anticipation for Dust Warfare (we're both tabletop wargamers so Warfare appeals to us much more than Tactics), but we were wondering if anybody knew whether there would be a core set with a Warfare rulebook in it instead of the Tactics rulebook?

#2 Dr.Cornelius

Dr.Cornelius

• Members
  • 112 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 08:52 AM

No plans have been announced for dedicated Dust Warfare core set.   Looks like the plan is to support two rulesets with one minis line.  Another thread mentioned that future minis will come with cards for both games.

Go ahead and pick up the core set and you will be ready to go when the DW rulebook hits stores next week.

#3 Feldwebel_Francis

Feldwebel_Francis

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 08:56 AM

I don't believe there will be. It looks as though, right now, a lot of people interested in Warfare already play Tactics, so it's easier to just release the rulebook. I am primarily a tabletop gamer as well and I love Tactics. I say pick up the Tactics core set and give the game a go. It will give a nice introduction into the Dust background and it's a blast to play.

#4 blkdymnd

blkdymnd

• Members
  • 958 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 09:06 AM

75% of the models are available as units outside the core sets.  Hopefully soon, the revised core set stuff will be seperate, and there's a few heroes that still need to be released outside of the expansions.  But even if you don't play Tactics, or won't play it, the original core set and the revised are still worth every penny for the deal you get on the models included.

#5 smguy

smguy

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 09:57 AM

Thanks for the quick replies, guys! Just to be clear, I wasn't doubting on getting the revised core set, cause we definitely will. It was more a question of wondering whether we should wait to see if they come out with a new/rerelease a core set with a mini Warfare rulebook. But, seeing as it doesn't look like there are any plans right now, we'll probably just pick up the core set.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS