Skeletor

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 12:45 PM

Assumed knowlege:

Characters have a long standing history with one another

Characters are proven faithful servants of the emperor

The Scenario:

A sororitas and non-sororitas Inquisitorial agent uncover plot by a cult to crumble the Main Sororitas proris of the planet to the ground. They attempt to intervene and in the ensuing battle the Sister is mortally wounded. Before her death the sister "gifts" her armor to the non-sororitas so that a "woman of faith" is the one seen stopping the mad cult. The Non-sororitas Inquisitorial agent goes on to stop the plot and save the lives of the Prioris. Afterward  what should happen with the "gifted" armor? alternatively what should happen to the agent?

I know what "I" would do but I'm interested in getting opinions.

#2 H.B.M.C.

H.B.M.C.

Freelance Writer/Play-Tester

• Members
  • 1,499 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 06:13 PM

IMO - and I stress this is just how I see it, not how everyone should play it - was that if I were in the position of the non-Sororitas, I would offer to return the armour and leave it in the hands of the Palatine/Sister Superior as to whether I got to keep it or not. Then it is up to those in charge to decide whether I would keep the armour ("Continue her fight, dear sister. Her spirit will live on in her armour!"), or whether I should give it back ("You have honoured the memory of our sister, and now she can be buried with her armour, and her tasks in this life complete.").

And as a GM I'd be more likely to let them keep it if they offered to give it back freely.

BYE

P.S. And if they tried to sell it after I left them keep it I'd rob them of their Fate Points and give them 5d10x10 corruption! 

Matt Eustace. Contributing Author Credits: Church of the Damned, The Lathe Worlds, The Lathe Worlds - The Lost Dataslate, Only War Core Rulebook, Hammer of the Emperor, Shield of Humanity, Tome of Fate, Tome of Blood, Tome of Excess and Tome of Decay.

The views expressed in this post are my own. I do not speak for or on behalf of Fantasy Flight Games.

#3 Ph7517

Ph7517

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 06:16 PM

I would change the heraldry slightly on the armor, to represent that the wearer is a trusted honorary member of the cult. 

#4 SomVone

SomVone

• Members
  • 286 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 06:52 PM

This seems like it would be entirely up to the character. Whether they return the armor to the order or keep it to continue its legacy on their own is up to them.

#5 Zakalwe

Zakalwe

• Members
  • 531 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 08:01 PM

My opinion is that the armour never belonged to either character.  It belongs to the Ecclesiarchy/SOB.  I would like to see the PC return the armour.  The SOB will be very happy with this PC for not only returning the armour but for saving the priory.  They would honour the PC as a hero, and who knows, maybe even bestow upon the PC a 'battle trophy' they have lying around, maybe even non-sororitas power armour.

#6 macd21

macd21

• Members
  • 915 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 10:10 PM

SomVone said:

This seems like it would be entirely up to the character. Whether they return the armor to the order or keep it to continue its legacy on their own is up to them.

Yeah, it's pretty much up to the character unless there's a good reason for NPCs to be in a position to forcer her to give it back. If it was my game I'd let the PC keep the armour but note that the SoB will be pissed with her. They probably wouldn't be in a position to do anything about it, but it might come up in a later adventure.

#7 Zakalwe

Zakalwe

• Members
  • 531 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 10:51 AM

macd21 said:

SomVone said:

Yeah, it's pretty much up to the character unless there's a good reason for NPCs to be in a position to forcer her to give it back. If it was my game I'd let the PC keep the armour but note that the SoB will be pissed with her. They probably wouldn't be in a position to do anything about it, but it might come up in a later adventure.

Oh I completely agree with this.  However, the PC should keep in mind that only SOB wear that type of armour.  ONLY SORORITAS.  I imagine being the hardliners that they are the SOBs would be very very unhappy about anyone impersonating a SOB, so much so that it may bring a death sentence down on the offender's head.

Still, that's canon SOBs.  Like I always say, in your game do as you please if everyone is happy. 

#8 DJSunhammer

DJSunhammer

• Members
  • 622 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 05:37 PM

Zakalwe said:

My opinion is that the armour never belonged to either character.  It belongs to the Ecclesiarchy/SOB.  I would like to see the PC return the armour.  The SOB will be very happy with this PC for not only returning the armour but for saving the priory.  They would honour the PC as a hero, and who knows, maybe even bestow upon the PC a 'battle trophy' they have lying around, maybe even non-sororitas power armour.

This is my favorite. The Sororitas have that unique power armor because it is part of their image. Someone not Sororitas wearing that armor, even with their permission, would be a negative influence on the Sisterhood as a whole [this isn't exactly the best way to say it, but I can't find another way.] That the Order would request a different set of power armor in gratitude of the player's deed wouldn't be too far out there though.

#9 macd21

macd21

• Members
  • 915 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 07:20 PM

Zakalwe said:

Oh I completely agree with this.  However, the PC should keep in mind that only SOB wear that type of armour.  ONLY SORORITAS.  I imagine being the hardliners that they are the SOBs would be very very unhappy about anyone impersonating a SOB, so much so that it may bring a death sentence down on the offender's head.

Sure, the issue is: what are they going to be able to do about it? The PC works for an Inquisitor and will probably be travelling across the sector regularly. The SoB may want him dead, but that's easier said than done. It's something that may make an interesting twist in an adventure, but in general the PC can probably get away with it.

#10 Blood Pact

Blood Pact

• Members
  • 890 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 08:34 PM

Skeletor said:

Characters are proven faithful servants of the emperor

Well, there's "faithful" and "Faithful"... I don't need to elaborate here that the Inquisition recruits people who are sleazy just as readily as it does the pious. Now, if your character isn't a warp-tainted mutant or witch, and has generally not commited any egregious religious crimes, they probably have rightly earned a reward from the Adeptus Soriritas. As an honour.

Of course, others make good points about the Soriritas power armour being unique, but the heradlry could be changed without too much trouble or offence to the Machine Spirit.

And also, the whole idea of using the armour they gifted to you to impersonate a member of their order is not without risks, even for an Inquisitorial agent. You're 'just' an acolyte. They tend to have a regular turnover, sometimes at the hands of other Imperials. Better to just change the cosmetics and go looking for butt to kick.

#11 Skeletor

Skeletor

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 11:26 AM

I had considered that perhaps a reward would be a formal induction into the sisters (I don't think there's such a thing as informal with them ha!) but given the background of the sisters (added to their zealousness and fanaticism) I'm not sure that being a hero of them necessarily grants you the right to be apart of them.

Great feedback by the way guys, thanks!

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS