3 replies to this topic

#1 Kaine82

Kaine82

• Members
  • 441 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 01:42 AM

Portent of Doom

Eye of Sheerian

Well the card pretty much screams Dark Elves. I think its cool the discard build is getting some love.

The thing I like best about it is it negates targeted effects. I think that is why my current favorite card is Church of Sigmar.

Play LCGs in Louisville KY :: Monthly tournaments at 2 locations!

Wednesdays :: Something2Do :: 6:30PM - 10:00PM

Fridays :: BluegrassMagic GameShop :: 6:30 PM - Midnight

RSVP :: meetup.com/cardboardgamers

#2 Vitamin T

Vitamin T

• Members
  • 309 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 02:19 AM

Yeah this could get some play because it is immune to targeted effects.  Would never make it if your super cool 4 cost artefact just got burned down and went away, you'll at least have to get rid of the legend or hero to remove it.

#3 bitva

bitva

• Members
  • 238 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 05:06 AM

A card that must be attached in order to be in play, but isn't an attachment? I wonder if this is yet another editing oversight, or intentional. Certainly a useful card to have, even if you're not running a deck that focuses on, or makes use of, discard; a control card.

Ignorance if futile. Resistance is bliss.

#4 Troll

Troll

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 07:44 AM

bitva said:

A card that must be attached in order to be in play, but isn't an attachment? I wonder if this is yet another editing oversight, or intentional. Certainly a useful card to have, even if you're not running a deck that focuses on, or makes use of, discard; a control card.

I'm quite sure it's intentional. Artifacts are new supports which act like attachment but only for Heroes and Legends. I think it is intentionally made in a way that cards affecting attachments do not affect Artifacts. Otherwise such powerful tools could be destroyed by simple Night Goblins/Vaul's Unmaking or, a lot worse, attached by Armed to da Teef.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS