The Dark Side

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Yepesnopes

Yepesnopes

• Members
  • 1,372 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 12:40 AM

Some time ago, based on some House Rules of my 2nd edition Warhammer campaing, I did some careers for the 3rd edition to allow my players to take the role of a wizard renegade or an experienced Warlock. Kind of covering the transition of a wizard to the dark side, until he dies in a pyre or he becomes a NPC chaos sorcerer. Similar to the doom fate of a Slayer, which you play knowing your only destiny is death.

Finally, these careers weren't of that much use, because I have a large party of players (8 to be precise) and there is always someone playing a Witch Hunter, a Priest of Sigmar, or similar, which makes the situation of the party unberable.

Now, with the arrival of Hero's Call, I have modified the career advance scheme, and despite what I said, I share the idea for those who may be interested. Sorry for the extremely boring and dull names of the careers.

The Book of the Asur - High Elf fan supplement

The Dark Side - Witches, Warlocks, Dark Magic and more

Secrets of the Anvil - Advanced Dwarf careers and runes

Dice statistics calculator for SW EotE

#2 Amani

Amani

• Members
  • 184 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 07:17 AM

You always deliver, thanks! I'll try and give feedback if I find more time...

#3 Alister

Alister

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 07:29 AM

As always - I love it!

We have Magister in our adventuring team that started to use some spells from forbidden lore. It'll be great for him! 

#4 nephtys

nephtys

• Members
  • 268 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 07:37 AM

impressive, i must say!

but where do you always get these awesome character portraits? do you draw them yourself?

#5 Yepesnopes

Yepesnopes

• Members
  • 1,372 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 10:49 PM

I am always happy to know that other people may enjoy also this ideas. Thanks for the comments, although I can take criticism as well ;)

as for the pictures, I just use Google and Photoshop. I won't lie though, in some cases it takes hours.

Cheers

#6 Spivo

Spivo

• Members
  • 524 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 10:29 PM

Wow... very very impressive!

#7 Superchunk

Superchunk

• Members
  • 84 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 11:52 AM

Yepesnopes, would you be able to share out your strange eons files for all of these cards you're making?

I'm very impressed by your work and dedication to these projects and if you like, I can load them up and correct the grammar and spelling. It would just be easier to do with the .eon files.

A dropbox link would work just fine.

#8 Heretek

Heretek

• Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 12:16 PM

Please upload .eon files…. that would be awesome.

PS thanks for all this btw

#9 Yepesnopes

Yepesnopes

• Members
  • 1,372 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 02:19 AM

Sure, it is no problem for me to share the *.eons files.

Nonetheless, the way I work, .eon files are only an intermediate state. I extract the eon file as a .jpg file and I add all the art work afterwards in photoshop. What I mean is that my .eon files have no pictures or fourth and fifth talent slots etc.

In anyway, if you still want them I can upload them. If you want to correct the English I can afterwards upload them again with the pictures.

On the other hand, if you want better resolution cards, I can look to it also.

#10 Superchunk

Superchunk

• Members
  • 84 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 04:56 AM

Whatever you can share would be great. Even the pictures you use as they are quite good.

#11 BigKahuna

BigKahuna

• Members
  • 356 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 07:08 PM

Yepesnopes said:

Some time ago, based on some House Rules of my 2nd edition Warhammer campaing, I did some careers for the 3rd edition to allow my players to take the role of a wizard renegade or an experienced Warlock. Kind of covering the transition of a wizard to the dark side, until he dies in a pyre or he becomes a NPC chaos sorcerer. Similar to the doom fate of a Slayer, which you play knowing your only destiny is death.

Finally, these careers weren't of that much use, because I have a large party of players (8 to be precise) and there is always someone playing a Witch Hunter, a Priest of Sigmar, or similar, which makes the situation of the party unberable.

Now, with the arrival of Hero's Call, I have modified the career advance scheme, and despite what I said, I share the idea for those who may be interested. Sorry for the extremely boring and dull names of the careers.

I just want to say that you should be working for FFG.  This is really .. really good stuff.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS