iPad 1 issues

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Silva roster

Silva roster

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 10:58 AM

So far on iPad gen1 fully updated iOS I have been dealing with the following issues:

1.  The game keeps losing my inapp purchase.  I have to restore it constantly.  If I am not in a wifi area I am screwed and have to wait.

2.  When playing azathoth (which I keep getting limited to by above) I have noticed that the myths cards follow the same pattern.  Doom+3, doom +1 and monster, doom+2 twice, doom+3.  I understand trying to make the game a challenge, but making a set path and removing randomness is more annoying than challenging.  Plus thus limits me to barely 6 rounds before I lose.  With that timeframe, trophies are useless, as you will rarely have time to get enough to buy elder signs, and makes wasting a round in the store for anything else a guaranteed game ender.

3.  Someone mentioned that the dice are now skewed, and I have noticed this.  If this is true, that would be annoying as well.  Losing do to randomness is a pain, but part of the game.  Losing because the game is programmed to make you lose makes the game crap.

#2 Peristarkawan

Peristarkawan

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 11:19 AM

Silva roster said:

2.  When playing azathoth (which I keep getting limited to by above) I have noticed that the myths cards follow the same pattern.  Doom+3, doom +1 and monster, doom+2 twice, doom+3.  I understand trying to make the game a challenge, but making a set path and removing randomness is more annoying than challenging.  Plus thus limits me to barely 6 rounds before I lose.  With that timeframe, trophies are useless, as you will rarely have time to get enough to buy elder signs, and makes wasting a round in the store for anything else a guaranteed game ender.

Ugh.  My sympathies -- if that's true, it would explain some of the complaints I've heard.

Silva roster said:

3.  Someone mentioned that the dice are now skewed, and I have noticed this.  If this is true, that would be annoying as well.  Losing do to randomness is a pain, but part of the game.  Losing because the game is programmed to make you lose makes the game crap.

Skewed how?  I haven't noticed anything like this on Android.

#3 Silva roster

Silva roster

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 01:57 PM

Someone posted that it appeared dice were more slanted towards ar away from needed values depending on difficulty.  As i stated i hope that it isnt true, but it feels like it sometimes.  After seeing the pattern with mythos cards, it worried me.

#4 MeSako

MeSako

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 07:09 AM

The Mythos card order is nothing I noticed, as I beat Azathoth without getting the +3 doom, and quite often several monsters in a row.

#5 Silva roster

Silva roster

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 12:44 AM

To this point, i still get at least 3 doom +3 and 2 doom +2 mythos cards.  This is only on azathoth.  Not on the others.  And i still keep losing the inapp purchase and having to restore it.

#6 Silva roster

Silva roster

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 02:53 AM

Fixed today.

#7 Talos

Talos

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 03:27 AM

I've noticed Azathoth is MUCH tougher to beat since the upgrade. Seen lots of Doom +3 and not much of anything else. I have to keep scrabbling for adventure cards with a doom reduction component to get a remote chance of beating Azzy now…

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS