Exodus Question: Ionian Nebula and Cylon players

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 SnowcatAssassin

SnowcatAssassin

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 07:01 PM

I'm a little confused with the rules for this particular option. How exactly do cylon players acquire trauma tokens? The rulebook mentions earlier that when a rule states "cylon player", it specifically refers to revealed cylon players. I get that. However, for the Ionian nebula option, it discusses what happens when a cylon player goes to a location with an ally and their trauma token, and that's where I'm a little confused. As far as I can tell, all allies are placed somewhere on Galactica, and unless this rule applies to infiltrating cylon leaders, I don't see how revealed cylons are going to get trauma tokens and have that rule come into effect. Anyone able to clarify? Thanks!

I think we got this...

#2 Holy Outlaw

Holy Outlaw

• Members
  • 307 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 04:31 PM

Hmm, not sure where it refers to cylons moving to locations to gain trauma, but they can gain trauma when a basestar is damaged and receives the "draw trauma" damage token, as well as through card effects. That may be what is referenced in the sections you're mentioning.

#3 SnowcatAssassin

SnowcatAssassin

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 07:56 AM

I think that makes sense now. Thank you!

I think we got this...

#4 Skowza

Skowza

• Members
  • 1,131 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 12:48 PM

We havent used the Ionian Nebula option in recent games, so I can't remember... how do Cylons get rid of Trauma tokens?  Once revealed theres no way to do it is there?  I feel like that was one of the reasons we quit using the Nebula ending...

#5 Holy Outlaw

Holy Outlaw

• Members
  • 307 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 03:13 PM

Well, it's hard but possible. Every time an ally "dies" (their location being shot is the most common method), a revealed cylon puts the replacement trauma token on the new ally instead of it being randomly drawn from the stack. It's hard, for sure, but since cylons benefit from the ability to control when they reveal and to lay low until after Crossroads if they've got sympathetic tokens, it strikes our group as fair. The Ionian Nebula ending is probably our favorite.  

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS