Questions

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Snowshadow

Snowshadow

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 04:30 AM

With the release just around the corner and books actually in the wild I have a few questions that I need answered before I take the plunge into this game.

1. Will there be Warfare specific starters or will we have to but Tactics starters?

2. It is stated in the Vid that all the up to date unit information <new models> will be in the campaign books. How often are these books going to be published and will the unit info be offered outside the books? <Via Download, expanded card packs, ECT.>

3. Will there be a non-hardback version offered? A digital version?

4. Is there any plans to release stats for conventional vehicles? <not so much tanks but jeeps and trucks>

That is all for now, I am sure I will have more later. =]

#2 blkdymnd

blkdymnd

• Members
  • 958 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 04:42 AM

Snowshadow said:

With the release just around the corner and books actually in the wild I have a few questions that I need answered before I take the plunge into this game.

1. Will there be Warfare specific starters or will we have to but Tactics starters?

2. It is stated in the Vid that all the up to date unit information <new models> will be in the campaign books. How often are these books going to be published and will the unit info be offered outside the books? <Via Download, expanded card packs, ECT.>

3. Will there be a non-hardback version offered? A digital version?

4. Is there any plans to release stats for conventional vehicles? <not so much tanks but jeeps and trucks>

That is all for now, I am sure I will have more later. =]

1.  Right now, just Tactics starters.  They are a great deal if you go in with a buddy and split factions.  There are also tons of units released by themselves.

2.  No one knows yet.  So far the only expansion announced is Zverograd, which will be primarily SSU with a smattering of allies and axis.  Doesn't look like models will be released before their expansion book, or at least in the same month.

3.  There are digital versions of the Tactics rulebooks, don't see why there wouldn't be he possibility of having a skeleton version of the Warfare rules

4.  There hasn't seemed to be any interest so far from either FFG or Dust Studios to do conventional vehicles, so for now I wouldn't count on it.

#3 felkor

felkor

• Members
  • 1,001 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 07:18 AM

I truly doubt they will offer any version of the dust warfare rules in digital format.  You can't download the scenario rules for Dust Tactics, and it would be even more important, financially, not to be letting people get the Dust Warfare rules for free.

That said, I wouldn't be surprised if you see fans write up rules and stats and post them online.  I'm wondering if we'll see people put together their own unit stats cards, for instance, so that you can have stats cards for Dust Warfare the same as you have them for Dust Tactics.

#4 SGTManuel

SGTManuel

• Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 12:52 PM

You can buy the dust tactics revised rule book as an app for iPhone and Android phones.  I could see it being released like that.

#5 Burnhamalive

Burnhamalive

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 04:20 PM

Snowshadow said:

2: There's going to be a book released approximately every season (a la 4 books per year).

4: The rulebook does mention "weaker" vehicles like trucks, in passing, when talking about examples of vehicles with low armor (so far the lowest armored vehicles are the light walkers which have armor 3. So I would assume that at some point in time, there will be weaker vehicles, but based on what I know of the Dust world (which admittedly is basically only what I've read from the Dust: Warfare rulebook) they probably won't be "traditional", they'll probably have some crazy conversions to implement all the technological advances that VK has brought about.

#6 Snowshadow

Snowshadow

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 06:40 AM

Burnhamalive said:

2: There's going to be a book released approximately every season (a la 4 books per year).

4: The rulebook does mention "weaker" vehicles like trucks, in passing, when talking about examples of vehicles with low armor (so far the lowest armored vehicles are the light walkers which have armor 3. So I would assume that at some point in time, there will be weaker vehicles, but based on what I know of the Dust world (which admittedly is basically only what I've read from the Dust: Warfare rulebook) they probably won't be "traditional", they'll probably have some crazy conversions to implement all the technological advances that VK has brought about.

Damn, that is a lot of expansions. You sure it is 4 books per year or just 4 updated card pack or something similar?

#7 blkdymnd

blkdymnd

• Members
  • 958 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 07:01 AM

Snowshadow said:

Burnhamalive said:

Damn, that is a lot of expansions. You sure it is 4 books per year or just 4 updated card pack or something similar?

Well, Dust Tactics does an expansion campaign every season.  Not out of the realm of possibilities.  

#8 Snowshadow

Snowshadow

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 07:12 AM

I did not realize it had only been ~1 year since release. <dunno when it was released in '10> I really like the level of support FFG is putting into the Dust setting.

#9 blkdymnd

blkdymnd

• Members
  • 958 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 07:34 AM

Snowshadow said:

I did not realize it had only been ~1 year since release. <dunno when it was released in '10> I really like the level of support FFG is putting into the Dust setting.

Totally agree.  I want to say the full release was January '11.  We got an advance copy at Gencon '10, so we've been banging it around for about 18 months.  Been pretty much our exclusive game since that time.

#10 Burnhamalive

Burnhamalive

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 03:29 PM

Snowshadow said:

Burnhamalive said:

Straight from Mack's mouth, he said approximately one book each season. Each one will include at least a couple new units for each team (even the one that introduces the russians is gonna have a couple new units for each of the other two teams) and then new scenarios, rules,  'n stuff like that. I believe he also said each book would be about $20 each.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS