Expansion causes game to freeze on iPad

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Rodzilla68

Rodzilla68

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 04:48 PM

I just upgraded the app today and purchased the expansion.  I'm almost finished with the Cthulhu campaign, but the game keeps locking up after I complete a mission.  It displays the closed curtains after I win the mission, but just hangs there with the music playing in the background.  So I reloaded and tried it again.  Same problem.  Reloaded, didn't complete the mission which switched characters.  Had that character complete a mission and it hangs again.  Something about successfully finishing is causing the game to lock up.

#2 OneX

OneX

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 09:44 AM

I had the exact same problem playing on the iPod Touch. I was in the second area, had two of the three relics, and when I completed one of the adventures it froze on the closed curtains. Very frustrating, especially since I felt like I was in pretty good shape, and the Cthulhu campaign is so awesome and suspenseful.

#3 Reapinghavoc

Reapinghavoc

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 12:37 AM

I have the same problem, but with any adventure. I tried resetting my iPad and resuming the game more than once, but no luck.

Hoping for a quick fix soon or possibly a workaround.

#4 Reapinghavoc

Reapinghavoc

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 02:27 AM

Ok, so I tried a few different things to see if I could work around the freezing problem:

Uninstalling, rebooting iPad and reinstalling game - did not work.

Regardless of which adventure I try to complete, the game still freezes. If I "skip" a character's turn by shopping, the game will freeze once I complete the next character's adventure. Not sure exactly how far into the Cthulhu campaign it is, but it seems to be a consistent thing. The game freezes at the transition screen.

For the record, I have a "New iPad 4g+wifi 64gb".

If there is anyway I can help or provide more information, please let me know.

#5 Rodzilla68

Rodzilla68

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 11:15 AM

Reapinghavoc said:

Ok, so I tried a few different things to see if I could work around the freezing problem:

Uninstalling, rebooting iPad and reinstalling game - did not work.

Regardless of which adventure I try to complete, the game still freezes. If I "skip" a character's turn by shopping, the game will freeze once I complete the next character's adventure. Not sure exactly how far into the Cthulhu campaign it is, but it seems to be a consistent thing. The game freezes at the transition screen.

For the record, I have a "New iPad 4g+wifi 64gb".

If there is anyway I can help or provide more information, please let me know.

I have the same setup (minus the 4G) and the same bug - I can continue the game and skip a character, but anyone who completes a mission locks up the game.

#6 OneX

OneX

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 01:47 PM

So I booted up the game to try it again and it turns out it saved my game exactly where it was. But whenever I complete another mission it keeps freezing again. I'm playing on the newest iPod Touch.

#7 FleetingFire

FleetingFire

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 07:09 PM

Confirmed this is happening to me also, on an iPhone 4.  Pretty much as described by others above, specifically with the Call of Cthulhu campaign.  A bit frustrating, since it seems to be a showstopping bug and seemingly occurring consistently across platforms, should have been caught before release.  I enjoy the game, I hope a fix can be relatively quick, and thanks...

#8 Mads

Mads

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 12:34 AM

Happens to me too. This is my first play through the expansion campaign. It started locking on the Altar of Madness adventure (steam boat + key) although that probably isn't relevant. I can't remember which adventure came right before it. I have two investigators left: Wilson Richards and Jenny Barnes.

Kind regards,

Mads Østerby

#9 Peristarkawan

Peristarkawan

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 05:12 AM

The same thing is happening to me on my Samsung Galaxy S, after completing the Twilight Ritual mission with Ashcan Pete.  Completing a different mission yields the same results.

I abandoned the game and started a new one (which was painful since I had been doing pretty well), and so far I seem to be able to complete missions again.  But I haven't played for long since it seems likely that it will eventually happen again and force me to abandon the game again.

#10 Ekkshen

Ekkshen

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 05:27 AM

It's the third time for me that the game freezes in the new campaign (during the curtain transition). It seems to happen after completing the event "Raging Storm", and after that I can not complete any other mission, even if I skip characters. I'm a bit disapointed, and nevertheless frustrated : this campaign is a real struggle to keep a good team alive with good items, it's really good, and I can't finish it because of this bug... I'll try again tomorrow, but for now it appears to be a real problem (on iPad 2 for me), and 1. I regret a bit having spent my few bucks on a unfinished expansion and 2. I don't understand how it can have been released that way... waiting for a bug fix...

#11 Peristarkawan

Peristarkawan

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 07:14 AM

Which one is Raging Storm?  I don't remember off-hand the last adventure I completed before the game started freezing.

#12 Peristarkawan

Peristarkawan

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 07:40 AM

So I went through again and was able to complete the campaign and defeat Cthulhu this time without it freezing up on me.  I did do the Raging Storm adventure along the way, so I don't think that was responsible for the freeze.

#13 Ekkshen

Ekkshen

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 08:28 PM

Well, you're lucky^^. Happened to me again. Raging storm might not be the problem, anyway somewhere near the end (Rlyeh discovered, 2 or 3 gems...) I can't do anything but playing on the boat with my characters, or the game freezes. Bah, I'll wait for a fix... :)

#14 Munchezuma

Munchezuma

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 02:53 PM

I'll add my name to the list having this issue. For me, its on my iphone 4. Much as others have said, somewhere during the final stage (after discovering Ryleh), I know get a freeze on the curtains after I complete a mission. I am okay if I shop (though I did buy a relic and get one of the gems I already had. Suck.)

It has happened to me twice, as I started a new game after my first one froze. In both cases, it seems to start late in the final stage, I think in both cases I had two gems. In my current game, it was when I got the third gem that the adventure didn't complete and the game froze.

I really hope there is a fix for this because I must say, the new Cthulhu campaign is absolutely fantastic. I love it. I just want to play it ! :)

#15 teriyakidonut

teriyakidonut

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 03:41 PM

The game hangs (its curtains) for me as well during the Cthulhu campaign...

#16 jonnybgod

jonnybgod

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 09:09 PM

Any comment from the developers yet? Very annoying this bug as it prevents us from finishing the campaign.

#17 Rodzilla68

Rodzilla68

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 07:58 AM

UPDATE: They just posted a fix for this.  I'm in the process of downloading it right now.  *fingers crossed*

#18 Ekkshen

Ekkshen

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 06:29 PM

It works ! finished it yesterday... pretty easy finally huhuhu^^...

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS