Arcana Exxet before Anima Core Exxet?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Thayne

Thayne

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 09:46 AM

I might of made a big mistake with understanding the release of the upcoming books, wasn't there meant to be a revised version of the core rulebook with a simplified combat and magic system. Also that the Arcana Exxet revolves around this new magic system? So why is Arcana Exxet being released this year before the Core Exxet

#2 brewmaster_vitty

brewmaster_vitty

• Members
  • 146 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 12:52 PM

i have a hunch that, similar to the english core book, they are going to finagle all of the adjustments into arcana exxet. they will probably explain all the new system changes (the ones that matter for spells, at least) in AE, at least that is the impression i get. since they combined the first core book with the errata and such it wouldn't be too much of a stretch for them to slap some core exxet stuff into AE, i guess.

#3 Stilgar

Stilgar

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 03:19 PM

Its probably just to generate book sales.  The revised core rules will come out shortly on the coat tails of Arcana.  Once you've bought Arcana you will realize that you need the revised core rules to get the most out of it so you'll have to buy that book too. 

#4 Thayne

Thayne

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 07:55 AM

I am currently holding off exploring the Anima game system until the Core Exxet comes out because it sounds a lot more simple to utilize, though I will probably get the Arcana book when I have some spare funds in preparation. 

#5 Skywalker

Skywalker

• Members
  • 439 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 10:29 AM

The changes in Core Exxet are minor in nature. The French version of Arcana Exxet was released with a sidebar encapsulating all the necessary changes and I suspect that the English version will be the same. Its worth noting that French Anima seems to have skipped Core Exxet altogether and is moving on to Prometheus Exxet, so English Anima may well go the same way.

re: Thayne: I really wouldn't wait. Leaving aside the uncertainty of if we get Core Exxet, the revision only makes a few minor changes to the system and only about half of those are aimed at using a simpler expression for existing mechanics (damage, attribute rolls, Damage Resistance monsters and zeon costs). These changes are already known and can fit on less than half a page (except zeon costs, which are capable of being determined from the existing book anyway).

#6 soullos

soullos

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 04:48 PM

What's Prometheus Exxet?

#7 Raybras

Raybras

• Members
  • 236 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 05:13 PM

Prometheum Exxet is a sourcebook containing Artifacts, how to create, handle, appraise powers of artifacts. Over 150 premade artifacts, a price list from Black Sun for their artifacts an more

#8 Skywalker

Skywalker

• Members
  • 439 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 04:15 PM

I see that Anima's rulebook is getting another reprint in Q3 2012, and it doesn't look like Core Exxet.

#9 Jenks

Jenks

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 11:37 PM

Yup, and Arcana Exxet seems to just include a little box that says "If you don't have access to the spanish version then just ignore it and keep on going like you did before." :(

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS