Elder Signs: Omens - Update

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 beowulf101

beowulf101

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 06:55 AM

I've just downloaded it and bought 'The Call of Cthulhu' expansion in the app as well. Just about to play my first game, I've been looking forward to this update - what does everyone think of it?! Bring on the game! 

#2 Rince

Rince

• Members
  • 147 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 02:00 AM

Defeated Yig yesterday and unlocked the new investigator by defeating Azathoth again. They were okay, and I think I saw few new adventures as well, which is good. I did not, however, bought Cthulhu yet. I kind of find it too expensive for an expansion, but I will probably buy it at some point in the future. But it bothers me that he is supposed to be easier than Azathoth when I find Azathoth himself easy. I would have liked it much better if they brought in a harder boss to give the game some real challenge.

#3 pumpkin

pumpkin

• Members
  • 1,112 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 08:50 PM

Rince said:

Defeated Yig yesterday and unlocked the new investigator by defeating Azathoth again. They were okay, and I think I saw few new adventures as well, which is good. I did not, however, bought Cthulhu yet. I kind of find it too expensive for an expansion, but I will probably buy it at some point in the future. But it bothers me that he is supposed to be easier than Azathoth when I find Azathoth himself easy. I would have liked it much better if they brought in a harder boss to give the game some real challenge.

Do you do random investigators? That normally keeps it from being too easy. Cthulhu expansion is rated harder than azathoth

#4 beowulf101

beowulf101

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 10:57 PM

I've defeated Yig and Azathoth... But Cthulhu, no. I've managed to unlock the location of R'lyeh, but getting the amulets happens so slowly that everyone dies or goes insane! 

#5 Rince

Rince

• Members
  • 147 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 07:20 PM

I actually just realized my mistake. Because in the board game Cthulhu is easier than Azathoth, I naturally believed that it will be the same in Omens as well. Then I realized the "very hard" difficulty beside Cthulhu and I bought the expansion instantly. Since then I played two games and failed both of them, so now I am happy. Challenge yaay! :D

Plus, I enjoy the new mechanics a great deal; they give a lot of extra dimension to the game. All in all, Cthulhu was a purchase well worth it. :)

Update: I beat Cthulhu on my third try but it was dumb luck. :D

#6 Zerodemon

Zerodemon

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 12:17 PM

I'm loving the new expansion. Nailed Cthulhu yesterday (spent all my trophies getting R'lyeh to show up) then focussed on getting the sigils for the amulet. Did it with two of them.

Gotta say I love this game on my phone. I hope they do a POD expansion containing some of the new stuff from the iOS game.

#7 Richard U. Pickman

Richard U. Pickman

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 11:33 PM

+1 for that!

Even though i have the update on my tablet. I would really like to be able to play it as a boardgame, doing stuff by hand is always more fun than doing it on your phone/tablet.

Lets hope ffg is just trying to maximise profits by introducing the digital version before and waiting for the sales to decrease before starting the sales of the boardgame version.

#8 beowulf101

beowulf101

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 02:31 AM

I finally defeated Cthulhu last night by cutting back to three investigators with decent abilities like Ashcan Pete and Jenny Barnes. I had to trade in all of the trophies and then get two amulets, but I did it on first run with Pete by stocking him up on clue tokens before sending him into R'lyeh. It took more attempts than I had patience for, and I swear there's a cheat mechanism on the glyphs sometimes, but got there in the end!!!!!

#9 Maize

Maize

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 02:39 PM

Is anyone playing this on a Mac (as opposed to an iOS device)?  When I try to buy the Cthulhu expansion, it informs me that I can't make purchases on this device or account (despite having bought the game itself through the app store in the first place).  I haven't tried on my iPad yet, because I prefer playing on the desktop just for the nicer graphics.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS