Adjustable difficulty level

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Petroni

Petroni

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 07:17 AM

Hi! I love this game and all and I'm eagerly expecting the update (any ETA on that?), but I'd really like to make a suggetion:

- Give us difficulty levels, please! The game has become too easy. I find myself playing with 4 random characters and sttck with them in order to make it more challenging.

The game has become too easy. I find myself playing with 4 random characters and stick with them in order to make it more challenging. But I would love to raise number of stars needed to win, for example. (like 15 instead of 14 would make a big difference. 16 would be a hard challenge). I think it's an easy thing to do in terms of code and it would give much more replayability to the game.

Thanks!

#2 MeSako

MeSako

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 05:24 PM

Nah..
I rather wait for new AO to be released..

Two new are on our doorsteps, one (Yig) as a free update and one Cuthulhu as a in-app DLC..

To bad Yig is an easier alternetiv, but Cuthulhu is hopfully harder. They never said anything about his difficulty though.. ..

#3 TheDukester

TheDukester

• Members
  • 175 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 03:49 AM

Trust me, it's not "too easy" any longer ...

#4 Hobbesian

Hobbesian

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 09:58 AM

Go play with Cthulhu, he's cuddly. Really. Not difficult at all, nope, no siree.

*peers at investigators, all with SAN 0*

*hides them*

*CHEESY GRIN*

#5 MangEJ

MangEJ

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 07:26 AM

Agreed. I just bought this app for my iPod and while I'm still learning, figuring out strategies and remain mildly optimistic that I can win a game, my ass was beautifully kicked over the past four games I've played. 

#6 MangEJ

MangEJ

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 07:37 AM

Btw, I'm new to the Lovecraftian milieu. Hells, I'm new to gaming. Grew up with a loathing of games - not because I was playing uninteresting fare (which I suppose is possible), but because I was a miserable sport.

Now I have two little children and in teaching them patience, storytelling, unleashing one's imagination, teamwork, character-building losing, and how to not be like their dad was when he was a kid, I found my way to board games. Last fall, I picked up the LOTR: LCG and I went down the rabbit hole. Not only do I enjoy the fantastical worlds provided by FFG et al, gamers are cool and fascinating people. A newbie like me has felt very welcomed. 

#7 TheDukester

TheDukester

• Members
  • 175 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 05:56 AM

Petroni said:

The game has become too easy. ...

Still "too easy" for you, bro? Have you met my friend Cthulhu yet?

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS