Question about expansions

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Palomides

Palomides

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 01:33 PM

Are all expansions compatible? I mean, can we play with all of them at the same time ?

We play with hidden alternate ending option, and we encounter a problem with an ending. That ending was meant to be played revealed. I never read any of the alt. endings. Is there many endings of that need to be played revealed ?

I hope my English is not too bad. One last question. I like too introduce my nephews to the game, but everything is in English. The only big problem I see is the spells. Is there a French translation of the spells available on the Internet ?

#2 Tom O' Bedlam

Tom O' Bedlam

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 04:58 PM

Some Alternate Endings need to be played revealed at the start of a game. They have a little star in the top left corner of the card. This is explained in the rules of the expansions that come with them.

All expansions can be played together with no problem. The only minor exception is that Alternate Endings cannot be used with the Dragon Expansion. Other than that, everything's compatible.

#3 Velhart

Velhart

• Members
  • 4,210 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 12:46 AM

Tom O' Bedlam said:

Some Alternate Endings need to be played revealed at the start of a game. They have a little star in the top left corner of the card. This is explained in the rules of the expansions that come with them.

All expansions can be played together with no problem. The only minor exception is that Alternate Endings cannot be used with the Dragon Expansion. Other than that, everything's compatible.

I think that you can still use some endings with the dragon expansion.

Sacred Pool for example can be used.

In this way, there are 2 endings that you must complete ( 1: defeat a dragon lord. 2: you must receive 4 warlock reward cards

#4 SolennelBern

SolennelBern

• Members
  • 958 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 03:46 AM

Yes every Adventure, Spell, Reward, Quest, Alignment, every "small" cards can be shuffled together and forget about it.  It add more variety and chaos and fun.  For Adventure cards just shuffle them and make 3 decks.  When 1 deck is low, simply add one on top of it.  That way you don't end up with a Towering Adventure Deck

Big box expansions is the same.  You can play with both corner boards and set their respective decks near'em.

Enjoy!

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS