Mountain Warg

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Rashley

Rashley

• Members
  • 247 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 04:34 AM

Other enemies have the same ability which returns it to the staging area after it attacks, if it is dealt a shadow card with no effect.  I never had a problem with this and returned the enemy if its shadow card section was blank.  However, I was attempting the latest quest and  someone said that a shadow card might not be blank, but still have 'no effect'.  I got Black Uruks as a shadow, which only has an effect if the attack is undefended.  Normally I would not return the Wargs, but strictly speaking, this shadow card did have 'no effect'.  What is the official ruling of 'shadow card with no effect'?  This may have come up much earlier, long before Mountain Warg came into being, but since I thought I had no problem, I never checked. 

Hopefully it is only shadow cards with no shadow section that count as that is the simplest solution.  The other opens the proverbial 'Can of Worms'.  Eg:- A shadow card may add to the attack of the enemy, but if the defender has enough defence, it wont 'effect' the game, only the Warg.  Cheers!

#2 Bomb

Bomb

Cool Person Club

• Members
  • 1,674 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 04:55 AM

Just because a Shadow card has a shadow effect that has no effect on you, does not mean it had no shadow effect.  A Shadow effect has the text "Shadow:" in bold that precedes the text of the effect.  If you find a way to cancel it, it has no effect on you as well, but it was still a Shadow effect.  It can trigger and tries to do something to you, but the effect does not always resolve completely or successfully.

#3 starhawk77

starhawk77

• Members
  • 443 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 06:36 AM

Yeah, Bomb is right. If the revealed card has that little shadow icon, it has a shadow effect. Even if it doesn't affect you, it still counts for purposes of cards like the Mountain Warg.

#4 Rashley

Rashley

• Members
  • 247 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 07:07 AM

Thanks chaps!  I thought I was correct and now have something to show the doubter.  Cheers!

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS