face up for face down discard for Skill cards

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 TwilighTime

TwilighTime

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 01:02 PM

I recall in the rules someplace there is a reference to discarding skill cards face up. has anyone tried doing them face down? does it help with secrecy at all seeing as to regardless of what side you are on , you will keep your high value cards? or does it just make it more difficult to keep the cards in the right piles and adds nothing to the game.

Thanks!

#2 Holy Outlaw

Holy Outlaw

• Members
  • 307 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 09:20 AM

TwilighTime,

It's an interesting idea, but it would be a logistical nightmare. Since all the skill card decks empty at different speeds, you really can't control the timing of when you'll have to sort through the collective discard to get all the yellows (for example) to reshuffle. It really seems like it would be unmanageable.

#3 Skowza

Skowza

• Members
  • 1,131 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 12:10 PM

I suppose you could house-rule it to discard face down next to the appropriate skill card pile, but it would need to be clear what type of card it is since theres a Treachery card that can be used when a Human player discards a card.  I think it would make the game drastically easier for the Cylons though, they would be free to discard high-STR skill cards when moving between ships without looking shady.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS