"Fall of House Lynch" Objective 1C Question. *SPOILER ALERT*

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 waging_war

waging_war

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 10:29 AM

Playing 2 player "Fall of Huse Lynch" with my neice. Of course I am playing as the keeper. My question is: The Objective 1C card states, "The keeper wins if 2 investigators have been killed.", my neice is the only investigator, does this mean I have to kill her, she starts the following turn with a new investigator and then I have to kill her again? This seems like a little much for a story where the keeper only has 3 monsters max at any given time. Or does she only have to be killed once given the single investigator circumstances?

#2 Julia

Julia

I survived Avi's apocalypse

• Members
  • 6,479 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 11:21 AM

Quoting from the rules, pag 24:

"Normally, the player chooses a new investigator on his next turn. However, if the Objective card has already been revealed (see page 16) when the investigator is killed, the player is instead eliminated from the game"

Since no replacement investigator can be drawn, I guess the Keeper wins simply by eliminating the only Investigator in play

We have dragged Reason from her Throne and set in her place the Empress of Dreams [liber Endvra]
Custom Arkham Horror material / Arkham Horror Advanced Players League

#3 waging_war

waging_war

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 05:23 AM

Julia said:

Since no replacement investigator can be drawn, I guess the Keeper wins simply by eliminating the only Investigator in play

I forgot about that.  If there's only one investigator and he/she is killed after the Objective card is revealed, the keeper wins regardless of what's printed on the Objective card. 

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS