Syndicate

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Branoic

Branoic

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 07:01 AM

Like a lot of people, I was less than delighted with EA / Starbreeze's recent "reimagining" of the classic PC game Syndicate as a generic FPS, and i was absolutely ecstatic when I heard that Paradox are developing a proper old school top down strategy game called Cartel which will basically follow in the footsteps of classic Syndicate in all but name.

I then thought that Syndicate would make an absolutely fantastic board game, and that Fantasy Flight have to get on this! If you can't get the rights from EA for the actual IP, maybe try Paradox for theirs, or failing that, just do what Paradox did and make up your own name!

I think it could be an incredible game. Not sure what direction would be best - something spanning the globe, high level, sort of like a corporate warfare version of Risk where you manage research budgets, choose missions and agent load outs, or a more personal miniature based affair, where you control your four agents through a series of mission scenarios.

I guess the coolest would be some sort of hybrid of both styles. Whichever - this game has to be made!

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS