Jump to content



Photo

Emergency Repairs


  • Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Doomslayer

Doomslayer

    Member

  • Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 07:16 PM

Do "Emergency repairs" action card apply to a Flagship?

Thx,

Doomslayer



#2 Fnoffen

Fnoffen

    Member

  • Members
  • 561 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 09:34 PM

I would think that it is applicable to any unit that has the Sustain Damage ability. The fact that is says "ship" is probably due to that when the card was designed, there were only two ships that had the SD ability.


Pax Magnifica Bellum Gloriosum


#3 adamwehn

adamwehn

    Member

  • Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 12:41 AM

My version of the card specifically singles out Dreadnoughts and War Suns.



#4 Fnoffen

Fnoffen

    Member

  • Members
  • 561 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 04:24 AM

My appoligies. My memory is not always in mint condition. Still, the reason for the wording on the card is probably due to that when the card was designed, those were the only two units that had the Sustain Damage ability.

I for one would interpret the card as being valid to use on all units with Sustain Damage including Flagships, Mechanized Units and Federation of Sol racial tech'ed Carriers.

A rules question would probably be in order to get an official ruling though.


Pax Magnifica Bellum Gloriosum


#5 adamwehn

adamwehn

    Member

  • Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 05:00 AM

Fnoffen said:

My appoligies. My memory is not always in mint condition. Still, the reason for the wording on the card is probably due to that when the card was designed, those were the only two units that had the Sustain Damage ability.

I for one would interpret the card as being valid to use on all units with Sustain Damage including Flagships, Mechanized Units and Federation of Sol racial tech'ed Carriers.

A rules question would probably be in order to get an official ruling though.

I agree



#6 adamwehn

adamwehn

    Member

  • Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 04:31 AM

adamwehn said:

Fnoffen said:

 

My appoligies. My memory is not always in mint condition. Still, the reason for the wording on the card is probably due to that when the card was designed, those were the only two units that had the Sustain Damage ability.

I for one would interpret the card as being valid to use on all units with Sustain Damage including Flagships, Mechanized Units and Federation of Sol racial tech'ed Carriers.

A rules question would probably be in order to get an official ruling though.

 

 

I agree

This card was errata'd in Shards, it covers all ships that can sustain damage.



#7 Fnoffen

Fnoffen

    Member

  • Members
  • 561 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 05:16 AM

 All ships or all units? Important question since Mechanized Units have SD but are not ships.


Pax Magnifica Bellum Gloriosum


#8 adamwehn

adamwehn

    Member

  • Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 06:13 AM

Fnoffen said:

 All ships or all units? Important question since Mechanized Units have SD but are not ships.

The keyword was ship.



#9 adamwehn

adamwehn

    Member

  • Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 02:38 AM

I was mistaken about the card errata, the card they mentioned was Direct Hit not Emergency Repairs.  But I would still think that Emergency Repairs applies to all ships that can sustain damage.



#10 Kerrin2

Kerrin2

    Member

  • Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 02:54 AM

adamwehn said:

 

I was mistaken about the card errata, the card they mentioned was Direct Hit not Emergency Repairs.  But I would still think that Emergency Repairs applies to all ships that can sustain damage.

 

 

That makes sense to me and would certainly make it consistent.

I really like it when things in a game are consistent. Fiddly exceptions in games drive me batty. One from Twilight Imperium is that War Suns can bombard through PDSs but Dreadnoughts cannot without a technology upgrade. That sort of stuff doesn't add anything to a game for me. When a game has too many of these types of things then such games cease to be fun for me. That's just my personal preference, and fortunately Twilight Imperium does not cross that threshold so I get to enjoy the epic game that it is!



#11 Shadow

Shadow

    Member

  • Members
  • 127 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 05:17 AM

If Emergency repairs and Direct hit are played at the same time, then the player with the lower Initiative card gets to play his action card first.

I do not know if Naalu's "0" Initiative overrules whatever strategy card Naalu has?

 

You forgot to add,

Planets with at least one Scientist and one PDS unit
may not be bombarded by a War Sun unit (a War Sun
can normally ignore the planetary shield provided by a PDS.)

Makes you wonder what they are thinking? 

Why should only races with a Scientist be able to ignore Warsun bombardment?

Another strange quirk in twilight 3 rules....

 



#12 Kerrin2

Kerrin2

    Member

  • Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 05:55 AM

Shadow said:

If Emergency repairs and Direct hit are played at the same time, then the player with the lower Initiative card gets to play his action card first.

I do not know if Naalu's "0" Initiative overrules whatever strategy card Naalu has? 

Page 23 of the TI3 rulebook says, "After all players have been given the opportunity to announce that they are playing Action Cards, all the Action Cards are revealed and resolved in order of play." Since the Naalu are first in the order of play they would resolve their Action Card first.






© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS