The Hunt Begins question

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Cotillion37

Cotillion37

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 09:27 PM

Just playing through The Hunt for Gollum for the first time. On 1b, the Forced effect states: "After the players quest succesfully, the first player looks at the top 3 cards of the encounter deck. Reveal and add 1 of those cards to the staging area, and discard the other 2 cards."

My question is if I can add a treachery card to the staging area instead of a location/enemy card? The cards I drew were Hunters from Mordor, Evil Storm, and The East Bank. Since my threat is low, I would rather deal with the Evil Storm than either of the other 2 cards. Just wanting to clarify to make sure I'm playing that correctly.

#2 Doom1502

Doom1502

• Members
  • 203 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 10:04 PM

Of course you can. Effectless treachery cards are your best friends in this scenario, since you want to avoid the hunters as often as possible.

#3 Cotillion37

Cotillion37

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 10:09 PM

Awesome, thanks! I figured that was the case but I figured I should double check.

#4 Rashley

Rashley

• Members
  • 252 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 11:44 PM

Take every bit of help you can get!  You will need this advantage to find 'Clues' and avoid those vicious Hunters.  The 2nd part also helps but you choose 1 from only 2 and at the start of the Quest Phase.  This whole scenario boils down to finding 'Clues' but avoiding 'Hunters'.  Enjoy!  Cheers!

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS