Ready for Dust off

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 X7XsnowmanX7X

X7XsnowmanX7X

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 11:17 AM

Just purchased the original core set for tactics.  Really excited to jump into this game and to be prepared for Dust Warfare.  Looking into getting a command squad for each side for my next purchase, other than that i might drop in a recon rangers squad and a laser greandiers squad.

After the release of the warfare rules, i'm going to be cooking up some lists for the allies and axis each to find out what i like and to see what works together on the battlefield, just to give me some time to play around with what works and what doesn't work.  

The only thing i'm looking forward to now is the release date for warfare.  

So what are other players looking for play style wise with warfare?  What size army are you hoping to field?  Small scout forces or an all out invasion force?!  (which would be an interesting sight to behold)

Tell me your thoughts and concerns on the possible pros and cons of such forces.  

I know we dont have hardly an info to go on for warfare at the moment, but with yesterdays platoon organization page for the allies, i believe this is the beginning of a wave of information coming our way.

A very exciting time indeed.

#2 Nikolai

Nikolai

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 03:59 PM

I'm looking forward to fielding a SSU recon/rapid assault force (so about 1 platoon roughly + support elements) for skirmishy style games with my friends and then building up over time to major engagements. ^_^

And indeed, these are exciting times as Dust Tactics always intrigued me, but I've never been a fan of tile-based wargames, however Warfare has me shaking with anticipation. =P

#3 X7XsnowmanX7X

X7XsnowmanX7X

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 05:50 PM

This definitely is the kinda game where you want to sart off small and then work your way up to something that manageable, instead of just going all out and ending up with something overwhelming, which is what I did with 40k.  I bought to much within a short amount of time and really didn't know what I was doing.  I think that also kinda turned me off to the game for a while also, that and my play group kinda disbanded and I had no one to play with.  

So then I heard about Tactics.

I loved the look of the minis but what got me the most was the universe.  I thought it was a great idea to do an alternate WW2 tactical board game with minis.  Brilliant.  For some reason though, I didn't like that it was a tile based game.  Not that I have anything against those kind of games, not at all.  So I thought about it for a while and eventually decided against it, another concern that I had no one to play with.

Then I heard about Warfare.

That changed everything for me.  A new miniature game that is set in a fantastic universe and has amazing miniatures.  Sounds awesome.  I've got a small play group that plays around with different board games and we try to play at least once a week.  I've been telling them about Tactics and Warfare and they seem interested in Tactics, so this might be a good way to bring them into warfare once they get comfortable with Tactics.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS