Proud to own...

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 adamwehn

adamwehn

• Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 10:00 AM

...Shattered Empire.  Can't wait to run a large game again.

#2 Wh0isTh3D0ct0r

Wh0isTh3D0ct0r

• Members
  • 447 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 05:45 PM

Shards of the Throne is great, too.

(And I managed to organize all of the game components from the core and both expansions and place them into the core game box using 5 different tackle boxes with customizable dividers--three different types/sizes.)

Too bad I don't get a chance to play the game very often.

X-Wing:

Spoiler
Netrunner:
Spoiler
Star Wars LCG:
Spoiler

#3 adamwehn

adamwehn

• Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 01:43 AM

Wh0isTh3D0ct0r said:

(And I managed to organize all of the game components from the core and both expansions and place them into the core game box using 5 different tackle boxes with customizable dividers--three different types/sizes.)

I use quart sized ziplock bags for my components.

#4 Fnoffen

Fnoffen

• Members
  • 561 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 01:59 AM

Zippies all the way for me.

Pax Magnifica Bellum Gloriosum

#5 Mighty Maltim

Mighty Maltim

• Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 02:30 AM

Shattered Empire is great, it really adds a lot to the game.

And ziplock bags are also my dividing tool of choice, lol

#6 Kerrin2

Kerrin2

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 03:46 AM

Fnoffen said:

Zippies all the way for me.

Aye. I use zip closure plastic bags for the vast majority of organizing game components. I find most things fit in the 2"x3", 3"x5", and 4"x6" ones I have. Occasionally I need to use a sandwich, quart, or gallon size bag for something (e.g. the Twilight Imperium system tiles).

For minis from Twilight Imperium, StarCraft The Board Game, Axis and Allies, and many other games I use small, plastic, utility boxes with movable dividers like the kind you find in the fishing section of a sporting goods store or in a craft store.

#7 adamwehn

adamwehn

• Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 11:57 AM

Wh0isTh3D0ct0r said:

Are any tech cards from the base game and Shattered Empire expansion replaced by Shards?

#8 Adwulf

Adwulf

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 01:21 PM

The Racial Tech Winnu Biopic Recyclers and maybe Valkirye Armor (Norr's Racial Tech) have changes. I think. I'm not sure just now.

#9 Fnoffen

Fnoffen

• Members
  • 561 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 09:29 PM

Also, all races get one more racial tech. And I think there was one extra tech in red, blue, yellow and green. Not to mention Mechanized Units and Flagships of course. And representatives. And three new races. Four if you count the Lazax.

#10 adamwehn

adamwehn

• Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 12:37 AM

Fnoffen said:

Also, all races get one more racial tech. And I think there was one extra tech in red, blue, yellow and green. Not to mention Mechanized Units and Flagships of course. And representatives. And three new races. Four if you count the Lazax.

Yeah I knew about the one new tech for each color.  Was just curious about replacements for old cards like when I bought Shattered Empire.

#11 Fnoffen

Fnoffen

• Members
  • 561 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 04:12 AM

Let me then direct your attention to page 6 of the Shards of the Throne rulebook: It states the following.

"REPLACEMENT CARDS
Two replacement cards for the Twilight Imperium: Third Edition base game are included in this expansion. Two replacement cards for the Shattered Empire expansion are also included in this expansion. To use the replacement cards, simply remove the original cards from their appropriate decks and replace them with the new versions. The replacement cards are:

ACTION CARDS
1 Ghost Ship Card
1 Star of Death Card

RACE-SPECIFIC TECHNOLOGY CARDS
1 Bioptic Recyclers Card
1 Berserker Genome Card"

#12 adamwehn

adamwehn

• Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 04:58 AM

Fnoffen said:

Let me then direct your attention to page 6 of the Shards of the Throne rulebook: It states the following.

"REPLACEMENT CARDS
Two replacement cards for the Twilight Imperium: Third Edition base game are included in this expansion. Two replacement cards for the Shattered Empire expansion are also included in this expansion. To use the replacement cards, simply remove the original cards from their appropriate decks and replace them with the new versions. The replacement cards are:

ACTION CARDS
1 Ghost Ship Card
1 Star of Death Card

RACE-SPECIFIC TECHNOLOGY CARDS
1 Bioptic Recyclers Card
1 Berserker Genome Card"

Okay, so the answer to my question is that no base tech cards are replaced, only two race specific tech cards are replaced.

#13 Fnoffen

Fnoffen

• Members
  • 561 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 06:21 AM

If you want the answer short and dull instead of EPIC like the game... ;)

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS