second wave MOM stats

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 yosefbender

yosefbender

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 05:56 AM

Dose any one know where the stats for MOM list of monsters in the second wave http://www.fantasyfl...s.asp?eidn=3142 can be found . I know they come with the set but I not ready to buy them yet and want to start incorporating them in to the game story line .

Any one using the for MOM ???
I have not read enough Lovecraft to know the power, they have , which on are the big bad A@$ to save at the end of the campaign.

#2 MaddockKrug

MaddockKrug

• Members
  • 203 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 07:45 AM

Hi.

I have not bought them.

But from what I understand: Each miniature may be used on both games - AH as well as MoM. But I would not go as far and expect FFG to create all the game-stat-tokens for each individual creature of madness for both games, since most minitaures are not present on the MoM game, but are in the game of AH. I understand this product line as kind of an extension for all the creature-stat-tokens (those little square you may slide into the miniatures' bases) you already possess.

So I imagine that most miniatures, although in theory applicable to MoM, are basically for usage within your AH game. Maybe, but really just maybe FFG thinks about implementing more and more of the various creatures into MoM via expansions to come ... But I wouldn't want to bet on it ...

As about the knowledge about the creatures' abilities: Most creatures in AH or MoM are by far weaker then they are in the Call of Cthulhu RPG. Also the creatures vary between both games of AH and MoM at least slightly and are not comparable. Ergo it does not matter that you have not read the Lovecraftian stuff or Cthulhu Mythos based material and therefore lack deeper knowledge about the creatures of doom.

Another thing for me would be this: Are these "high quality" miniatures really worth it to expand your game? ;)

All the best!

Mad

For GM: Mad's Adventure, Adventure Hooks, NPCs, and Locations - same at RPGGEEK

SW, to me, is a Spaghetti Western with space ships for horses. No matter what you do it causes a problem.  You just might save the day.  Crazy heroics and adventure!

#3 yosefbender

yosefbender

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 11:46 AM

You gave me the answer I need, I can find out what these creatures are in the Call of Cthulhu RPG. source book (just got it driving thru California last week ) its amazing how many game stores had ever other Cthulhu book except the first one ) then figure out how MOM dumb them done and apply accordingly . hopefully the art in the rpg and FFG figs are similar enough.

As to the miniatures a bit pricy for plastic 20mm, FFG must not want to really sell them in mass but as MOM is in that scale I thought I would use them.

I want each adventure for the investigators to face new monsters . I made a ton of house rules for the campaign part of the game. Like after investigators have encountered a creature they are less afraid of them the next time they encounter them. like cultists after 2 adventure would not even scare them, they become more seasoned and grow . As monsters also become less and less scary I have to add new ones to bring the horror back up and create new challenges.

#4 Tromdial

Tromdial

• Members
  • 580 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 05:16 PM

yosefbender said:

You gave me the answer I need, I can find out what these creatures are in the Call of Cthulhu RPG. source book (just got it driving thru California last week ) its amazing how many game stores had ever other Cthulhu book except the first one ) then figure out how MOM dumb them done and apply accordingly . hopefully the art in the rpg and FFG figs are similar enough.

As to the miniatures a bit pricy for plastic 20mm, FFG must not want to really sell them in mass but as MOM is in that scale I thought I would use them.

I want each adventure for the investigators to face new monsters . I made a ton of house rules for the campaign part of the game. Like after investigators have encountered a creature they are less afraid of them the next time they encounter them. like cultists after 2 adventure would not even scare them, they become more seasoned and grow . As monsters also become less and less scary I have to add new ones to bring the horror back up and create new challenges.

Oh yeah! If you are going to make custom stuff, those painted figurines will be a monstrous treat of replay value for Mansions. Kudos to you if you impart on this venture.

Now that I have a job, I just realize I too can buy these pricey figurines...

The horror!

#5 MaddockKrug

MaddockKrug

• Members
  • 203 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 07:20 PM

Hi there,

anytime. :)

About the art and stuff in the RPG ... It will be a lot different. And it really, really depends on your point of view. Although I really appreciate the art and design chosen by FFG, I also admire the rpg-layout a lot, because it suits the purposes of the game a lot. If you except anything as colorful and "vital", you should leave the rpg away; if you are more in for the content, the rpg sure is a good choice.

Maybe you should consider the Gumshoe-based Cthulhu RPGs rather then the ""classic" Cthulhu rpg.

All the best!

Mad

For GM: Mad's Adventure, Adventure Hooks, NPCs, and Locations - same at RPGGEEK

SW, to me, is a Spaghetti Western with space ships for horses. No matter what you do it causes a problem.  You just might save the day.  Crazy heroics and adventure!

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS