Photo

question about an event card (Spoiler warning)

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 cawboy84

cawboy84

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 05:09 AM

I am having trouble making sense of the third event card in the blood ties story.  (If you dont want spoilers dont read on)

"The blood relative may have his investigator repeat this to resolve the below effect he may not know the result before choosing"

What i am having trouble is what he is choosing.  The only two things that are there need a specific story objective.  So what exactly is the blood relative choosing?

#2 Dam

Dam

• Members
  • 7,258 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 06:29 AM

BR has to choose whether to repeat the sentence that the Event card refers to.

"A dirty mind is its own reward."

#3 cawboy84

cawboy84

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 07:57 AM

Thank you for answering but as i keep on reading the card, i am still having trouble with the full mechanics of the card.  can anyone else answer?

#4 Dam

Dam

• Members
  • 7,258 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 08:54 AM

Honestly, not seeing what the problem is. Card is IMO very clear. It gives you flavor text, including the sentence the card talks about. BR chooses Yes or No as to whether to repeat the sentence. If he does repeat it (Yes-option), do the effect listed on the card as per your choice on 5A/B. If he doesn't say it (No-option), nothing happens, period, you continue the game without resolving the effect listed on the card (and saying no IIRC doesn't change the story in any way).

"A dirty mind is its own reward."

#5 MaddockKrug

MaddockKrug

• Members
  • 203 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 10:02 AM

Hi there,

Dam gives you a good answer.

And I know how you feel: So often the different cards provide you with ever more new game options underlining the basic rules or by chance even contracting them, and then you happen to stumble over a card that is so irritating and frustrating simple that you end up with the question: "What? There ... there mus be ...m...m..m oom ...mooorre to it! Cthuuuulhuuuuuu! You fooooled me ... YET AGAIN!"

But, alas, it does not help: The card is just as simple, no matter what Cthulhu or the other Grat Old Ones whisper in your nightmare ...  ;)

All the best!

Mad

For GM: Mad's Adventure, Adventure Hooks, NPCs, and Locations - same at RPGGEEK

SW, to me, is a Spaghetti Western with space ships for horses. No matter what you do it causes a problem.  You just might save the day.  Crazy heroics and adventure!

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS