Photo

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 pyrrhus17

pyrrhus17

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 06:12 AM

Hey there looking to get into this game and wanted to know other than the starter what troops/mech should I get for the Allies and the Germans . I want to get some troops that I will continue to use for a long time . By the way what is the advantage that getting and old core set gives you vs two revised sets . Thanks  patrick

#2 Undeadhepcat

Undeadhepcat

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 06:45 AM

Hi -

Since the Dust Warefare rules haven't come out yet, most of the discussion about the miniatures seems to be going on in the Dust Tactics forums (under "board games"). There has been a lot of discussion and opinions posted over there about "what to get after the core set" over there that you'll probably find helpful.

Generally speaking though, it seems everybody agrees that it depends on your playing style, but the command squads offer some cool options for Tactics, and it sounds like they will be used alot in Warefare too.

The older core set comes with more units, including two heroes that you can't get anywhere else, and is a pretty good deal, so lots of people on the Tactics forums recomend picking it up (its also out of print, so that might be an issue). The points for the units in that set and probably some of the info in the scenarios would need to be updated for play, but the updated info is available for free online.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS