Hey so I've looked around on the forum and haven't found much on the item and we who are currently playing the game think we are using the item right but at the same time are not sure.
okay so that's a example scenario sorry if it's not perfect
so how we are using it is I think how the book explains but simply put is...
-the item the hero has is the bronze blast card ( it has 1 blast and two surges = 1 blast )
-hero selects space he is attacking and determines range. (range needed is 4)
-Hero then rolls the dice and has the range plus 2 surges ( 2 on dice and 2 from hero ( his hero has the 2 free surges ability ))
1. so does that mean the hero has blast rank 3?
2. does the first blast start at zero (indicated by picture)
3. does the blast one automatically do damage to adjacent squares around the spot you attack thus any added blast go to the next adjacent squares etc.
4. and can you call normal attacks with blast not using the aoe
5. lastly does the play always have to use all surges or can he just not use them, in blasts case I only want to do 2 ranks of blast but I have enough surges to go for 3 ranks
and is this how blast works, the way explained in the book didn't make much sense to use so I kind of make a diagram...
on the picture the hero targeted the space marked 0, and with the above scenario is this how it works. so with 3 blast does it extend all the way to the number 2 radius or does it go past that because zero isn't indicated as 1
That is probably really confusing, but that's how I see it. simply if you don't understand what I am saying could you please explain it in a much simpler form so that I can further understand it. diagrams help allot thanks a bunch!!