Photo

Looking for players in Chicago/Chicagoland Area!

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Ryan the Lion

Ryan the Lion

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 09:24 AM

I live out in the northern 'burbs and have been slowly becoming more and more interested in the GoT LCG.  I'll be running some events at my FLGS, but I'd love to find more players (or even just folks who are interested) in the area to test my mettle against.

#2 tofubones

tofubones

• Members
  • 107 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 05:36 PM

Hi,

There is a meta in Northern Illinois.  We have a facebook group Da Wolf Pack; www.facebook.com/groups/dawolfpackagot.  We have recently started semi regular gaming at Games-Plus in Mt. Prospect, IL.  I believe the next day is scheduled for April 14.  If you're interested I'm sure we could set something up before that.

#3 KLT

KLT

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 04:47 AM

What tofbones said.

Where exactly in the Northern suburbs do you live, and which FLGS are you running events out of?

#4 Ryan the Lion

Ryan the Lion

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 10:56 AM

@tofubones - I'll definitely come and check that out!  Thanks for the heads up.

@KLT - I'm out in Hainesville and I'm running demos at Unique Gifts & Games in Grayslake.

#5 KLT

KLT

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 01:41 PM

Unique Gifts & Games, huh?  Nice store, I visited there a couple of times this past summer (I live in Lake Forest).  They said they did not support A Game of Thrones LCG at that time.  Has that changed?  If so, I will have to stop by there again.

#6 Ryan the Lion

Ryan the Lion

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 02:08 PM

KLT said:

Unique Gifts & Games, huh?  Nice store, I visited there a couple of times this past summer (I live in Lake Forest).  They said they did not support A Game of Thrones LCG at that time.  Has that changed?  If so, I will have to stop by there again.

They don't, yet.  I'm working to change that.  The demos I'm running are hopefully the first step towards hooking some new players and giving the game more exposure.

#7 tofubones

tofubones

• Members
  • 107 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 02:14 PM

I live in Vernon Hills, and been to Unique Gifts and Games a couple of times.  I could certainly stop by for some games if you're interested.

#8 Ryan the Lion

Ryan the Lion

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 11:11 AM

tofubones said:

I live in Vernon Hills, and been to Unique Gifts and Games a couple of times.  I could certainly stop by for some games if you're interested.

That would be awesome!  Like I said, I'm still trying to generate interest, but I've got 2 core sets and have been doing some research into which chapter packs I want/need to make a good Lannister deck and a Brotherhood Without Bannders deck.

#9 tofubones

tofubones

• Members
  • 107 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 01:42 AM

I'll send you a PM, but basically with enough notice most days/evenings will work for me.

Some card buying advice incase you needed any:

For any house the deluxe expansion is the best place to start so I would pick up Lions of the Rock. You can build pretty good decks for Lannister with just a core set and the deluxe expansion.

If you can find the Battle at Ruby Ford chapter pack from a Clash of Arms cycle, it has the Castellan of the Rock, which is a very good Lannister card, which is why it's on the restricted list.

After that the King's Landing Cycle can let you build some pretty good Lannister Shadow decks.

Brotherhood without Banners is basically that whole chapter pack cycle, plus you can then build some fun lannister clansmen decks. Also I would recommend Where Loyalties Lies, for the Ghost of High Heart. You can use Brotherhood out of any house but Martel is probably the strongest, though then you would have to buy the Martel Deluxe expansion and various additional chapter packs.

#10 Eric T Huffman

Eric T Huffman

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 04:57 PM

Ryan the Lion said:

@tofubones - I'll definitely come and check that out!  Thanks for the heads up.

@KLT - I'm out in Hainesville and I'm running demos at Unique Gifts & Games in Grayslake.

Hi new to the game and I was looking for players in my area and found out about your demo yesterday a bit to late. Let me know when you get something going again at Unique. I'm in Gurnee and want to try and learn this game with some playing. Thanks.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS