A couple questions that came up after our latest session

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Demarki

Demarki

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 07:53 AM

1) Do the Bags of Gold count towards the 4 object limit? For example, I already had 4 items and I draw a Bag of Gold. Do I have to drop one of my items in order to loot it and then exchange it for 1 Gold or do I get to do it even though I already have 4 items?

2) The Holy Lance states "Add 3 to your Strength during battle against Dragons." Does this count when facing Dragonic Lords from the Dragon expansion or just against enemy cards that have the word "Dragon"?

3) At the end of my turn I have a 10 Strength trophy and a 4 Strength trophy, am I allowed to trade them both at the same time for 2 Strength counters or do I have to do it one at a time, meaning that any trophies of Strength/Craft of 7 or above is of same value.

4) Can the Thief character take an item from a character that he just landed on and then interact with the square as well, or does he have to attack him after stealing the item?

#2 talismanamsilat

talismanamsilat

Talisman Veteran

• Members
  • 1,264 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 08:32 AM

Demarki said:

1) Do the Bags of Gold count towards the 4 object limit? For example, I already had 4 items and I draw a Bag of Gold. Do I have to drop one of my items in order to loot it and then exchange it for 1 Gold or do I get to do it even though I already have 4 items?

2) The Holy Lance states "Add 3 to your Strength during battle against Dragons." Does this count when facing Dragonic Lords from the Dragon expansion or just against enemy cards that have the word "Dragon"?

3) At the end of my turn I have a 10 Strength trophy and a 4 Strength trophy, am I allowed to trade them both at the same time for 2 Strength counters or do I have to do it one at a time, meaning that any trophies of Strength/Craft of 7 or above is of same value.

4) Can the Thief character take an item from a character that he just landed on and then interact with the square as well, or does he have to attack him after stealing the item?

1) No Bags of Gold do not count towards a characters Object Limit. Immediately exchange the card for a Gold Coin. The Bag of Gold card is only left faceup on a space if a character cannot encounter it. I.E. They are moved to a different space before encountering it.

2) No. So in your example, the Holy Lance only works against Enemy Dragon Cards (see page 8 of Dragon Rulebook under Enemy Dragons).

3) You may exchange them at the same time to gain 2 Strength.

4) A character may either encounter a space or a character in the space. If you encounter a character, you must either use one of your abilities against him or attack him in battle (or psychic combat if permitted).

Ell.

#3 Demarki

Demarki

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 08:25 PM

Thank you for the reply. I have another question regarding one item:

Staff of Mastery

No good character may have the Staff of Mastery.
You may enslave one Enemy you encounter instead of attacking it. The Enemy adds its Strength to yours for one battle (you choose when), and then the Staff of Mastery and the Enemy disintegrate to the discard pile.

I assume that you cannot enslave a Craft enemy and it only works against Strenght enemies? Is there an equivalent item in the game that can enslave Craft enemies?

#4 talismanamsilat

talismanamsilat

Talisman Veteran

• Members
  • 1,264 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 09:15 PM

Demarki said:

Thank you for the reply. I have another question regarding one item:

Staff of Mastery

No good character may have the Staff of Mastery.
You may enslave one Enemy you encounter instead of attacking it. The Enemy adds its Strength to yours for one battle (you choose when), and then the Staff of Mastery and the Enemy disintegrate to the discard pile.

I assume that you cannot enslave a Craft enemy and it only works against Strenght enemies? Is there an equivalent item in the game that can enslave Craft enemies?

You cannot enslave Craft Enemies. You can only use the Staff in battle, not psychic combat. Yes in the Dragon Expansion I think! Don't quote me though.

Ell.

#5 Demarki

Demarki

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 10:03 PM

I have another question, this time regarding the Outlaw stranger:

This Outlaw steals from the rich and gives to the poor. If you have any gold, he takes 1 gold. If you have no gold, he gives you 1 gold. He then escapes to the discard pile.

First of all, if this was an event card it would be less confusing since it would be common sense that as soon as his effect is resolved you would have to discard the card. However this card is a Stranger and Strangers tend to stay on the board until the criteria are met so I am wondering if we should discard the card in both cases where the player who draws it has gold or not, or if he stays in the game until he provides gold to a player.

If he is discarded right after resolving his effect why isn't it an event card?

#6 frogemoth

frogemoth

• Members
  • 108 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 02:08 AM

Some of the stranger cards have an immediate effect and are then removed from the game as for an event, Outlaw is one of them, Faerie for example is another. As for the Outlaw it will either give you one gold or take one of your gold and then it is discarded. Only way this card would still be in play would be if you draw more than one card and you either encounter a monster and you lose the fight or if you encounter an event that either teleports you or make you lose a turn.

#7 Fogity

Fogity

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 11:44 AM

The Outlaw is essentially, at least in my opinion, wrongly put as a Stranger. This is equal for Pegasus, Planeswalker and some others.

#8 The_Warlock

The_Warlock

• Members
  • 1,589 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 05:38 AM

Fogity said:

The Outlaw is essentially, at least in my opinion, wrongly put as a Stranger. This is equal for Pegasus, Planeswalker and some others.

Well, if a Stranger is defined as an Adventure card that stays on the board and can be encountered multiple times, then these conclusions and this OT conversation are correct.

I think that a Stranger is an Adventure card with an Encounter Number of 4, which is resolved after Events, Enemies with Strength and Enemies with Craft.

#9 Fogity

Fogity

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 06:10 AM

Well, I'd say that a Stranger is a person-based card that can stay on the board (not counting if the card never was encountered).

While an Event is a card that never stay on the board (same exception here).

Thus if a Stranger always get discarded it should instead be classified as an Event.

But again, this is just me nitpicking and wanting to standardize everything. :)

#10 Griever_PL

Griever_PL

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 01:50 PM

See, my understanding of such Stranger cards is as follows. It may act as an event, but only regarding the discarding rule. It is a Stranger for the sole purpose of being encountered AFTER all enemies are defeated or evaded.

#11 zealot12

zealot12

• Members
  • 742 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 05:00 PM

I believe that  Events with a lingereing effect stay on the space where they're drawn until their specified timeframe expires.

I'm talking about cards like Blizzard, Prophesy, Howl of the Wendigo, etc. And generally, any "for the next X rounds" Events.

The only Events that don't stay on the board are those that are resolved immediately and Lunar Events in the Blood Moon expansion as they are put next to the Time card, not on the space where they're drawn.

Strangers vary: some will leave upon granting their boon, others --until they satisfy their discard clause, and the the third kind  will stay till the end of the game. This is specified on the relevant card.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS