My plan next month...

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 adamwehn

adamwehn

• Members
  • 120 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 07:48 AM

...has changed from my original intentions.  Originally I was going to buy Risk 2210, but instead I will be buying the first expansion for Twilight Imperium.

#2 Fnoffen

Fnoffen

• Members
  • 524 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 08:22 AM

Goid choice. You've played one version of RISK, you've played them all imo. Shattered Empire, on the other hand, fixed a few broken things for Twilight Imperium. And the new races are quite fun too.

Pax Magnifica Bellum Gloriosum

#3 adamwehn

adamwehn

• Members
  • 120 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 08:27 AM

Fnoffen said:

Goid choice. You've played one version of RISK, you've played them all imo. Shattered Empire, on the other hand, fixed a few broken things for Twilight Imperium. And the new races are quite fun too.

The leaders and command cards in Risk 2210 vastly changes the game, but it is still just as simple as Risk.  Doesn't have the depth that Twilight Imperium has.

#4 adamwehn

adamwehn

• Members
  • 120 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 12:44 PM

I'll save Risk 2210 for later, It's a good quick game for the local board game night but not my true passion.

#5 Steve-O

Steve-O

• Members
  • 4,415 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 03:40 PM

adamwehn said:

The leaders and command cards in Risk 2210 vastly changes the game, but it is still just as simple as Risk.  Doesn't have the depth that Twilight Imperium has.

Also doesn't have the component quality.  I was very disappointed with the VP counters in Risk 2210.

That said, it was the most fun I've had playing Risk since I was like 5.  It's still essentially the same game as basic Risk, but there are a few fun twists, like the leaders and cards.  I particularly liked the introduction of the 5 turn limit, so the game doesn't take all night to finish.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS