Something I think wopuld be cool...

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 adamwehn

adamwehn

• Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 10:10 AM

...to try sometime is a double blind game of Twilight Imperium.

#2 Shadow

Shadow

• Members
  • 127 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 12:40 PM

Fog of War twilight games have been done before for online twilight 3 games about 3 years ago before the forum kept crashing.

Some Fog of War games had each planet ring rotate around Mecatol Rex. Some rings went clockwise, other rings went counter clockwise.

The GM player pm the players the maps they could see.

In every case, most players did not have a clue what the other players was doing and the GM had a great time.

But the work the GM had to do was..... tremendous.

As a player, it was extremely nerve wracking to see a heavily armed Warsun show up out of nowhere and then disappear into the unknown section of the galaxy.    

#3 Mighty Maltim

Mighty Maltim

• Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 05:50 PM

I can imagine that would be rather scary XD

Sounds like a fun way to play though. Doubly so since my race of choice is the Ghosts of Creuss. It'd give them a big tactical edge being able to scatter recon fleets throughout the galaxy via the wormholes. Although now that I think about it, wormholes would be kept under close guard anyways, to keep any nasty surprises from suddenly popping into your neck of the woods.

#4 adamwehn

adamwehn

• Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 02:57 AM

Shadow said:

Fog of War twilight games have been done before for online twilight 3 games about 3 years ago before the forum kept crashing.

Some Fog of War games had each planet ring rotate around Mecatol Rex. Some rings went clockwise, other rings went counter clockwise.

In every case, most players did not have a clue what the other players was doing and the GM had a great time.

But the work the GM had to do was..... tremendous.

As a player, it was extremely nerve wracking to see a heavily armed Warsun show up out of nowhere and then disappear into the unknown section of the galaxy.    

Yeah, the only thing I dislike about what you mention is the rotation of the rings.

#5 Steve-O

Steve-O

• Members
  • 4,629 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 03:48 PM

Shadow said:

I ran a game like that once.  (I was unemployed at the time so I had a fair amount of free time to kill making player maps.)

It was a lot of fun for me, but I think most of the players were just wandering around in the dark, waiting for it to end.  IIRC, Hacan ended up winning, largely because he was the only player who made extensive use of the house rules for sending out communications into the void. =)

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS