Photo

Game with more than 6 players (no expansion)

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 miwako

miwako

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 12:46 AM

I play BSG often with a variety of people. One person sent round an email scouting for players, but didn't specify the maximum number of players, so it looks like we may have 7 at the next game.

Another player says it'll be fine, that two people can play as the same character. I am very much against this idea, because as part of the game is bluffing, two players to one character, it just doesn't work for me.

However, I'm aware one of my faults is being too gung-ho about sticking to the rules (I dislike it when people move the jump token before cylon ships have been activated even), so I'm not sure whether to bite my tongue on this one. I imagine that, if there are seven of us next game, I'll offer to be the "hybrid" and just be in charge of setting up the board, activating ships and stuff, but not actually playing.

Thoughts?

#2 Anacreon

Anacreon

• Members
  • 118 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 05:58 AM

All I can say is that the Pegasus expansion explicitly details that a seven player game should involve a Cylon leader character which, of course, is only available in the Pegasus expansion.  My thoughts: Pick up Pegasus.  I mean, you should anyway.  No one should be left playing the core game alone when the great expansion sets are just sitting there awaiting you!  

#3 miwako

miwako

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 12:34 PM

The cylon leader thing confuses me a little. I think my favourite part of the game is the whole who-is-a-cylon part, but with the cylon leader you'd know at least one cylon right? Also how is it chosen? "oh guys I'm a cylon I'll be the leader"

Or could a non-cylon be the cylon leader?`

#4 Anacreon

Anacreon

• Members
  • 118 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 03:23 AM

The Cylon Leaders are new characters - Leoben, Cavil, and Caprica Six - who have strengths and weaknesses like the human characters.  The Leaders get secret agendas dealt to them and have to succeed in them to win.  These agendas can both hurt and help humans.  The Leader starts off in the Cylon locations but can infiltrate the human locations and play as a modified human.  The intention is to make them wild cards because, in theory, no one knows what they might be up to.  They are an imperfect aspect of the game, but an interesting twist.

#5 napoleonWilson

napoleonWilson

• Members
  • 153 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 12:55 PM

I used to hate the leaders but, I have really come around on them.  What anacreon said is true, they are a wildcard acting in some way like the sympathizer mechanic which is never used when a cylon leader is present.  The agendas are a bit poorly balanced however, some being very hard to accomplish while others are a cake walk.  Usually they way they work is if the leader wants the humans to win the humans must be real close to loosing or if the leader wants the cylons to win they have to help keep the humans afloat (this is of course in general).  If you main fear is that you will loose the element of guessing who the cylon is, don't worry about that in a seven player game there are still 2 full blooded cylons along with the leader who adds his own sense of mystery not knowing what he is up to or whose side he is on.

at any rate....the leader solution is WAY better than one person doubling up characters...frankly I would say that's impossible, "uhhh, guys my left hand thinks we should brig my right hand for no particular reason". 

Good luck though,...

best

Napoleon

#6 subochre

subochre

• Members
  • 475 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 09:57 AM

napoleonWilson said:

at any rate....the leader solution is WAY better than one person doubling up characters...frankly I would say that's impossible, "uhhh, guys my left hand thinks we should brig my right hand for no particular reason". 

That's just what you would expect a cylon hand to say!

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS