Photo

Cursed by a Hag and the Poltergeist - Which one is more annoying?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Demarki

Demarki

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 09:07 PM

I really can't decide which of the above is more annoying than the other. Cursed by a Hag has the potential to ruin your game if you draw him mid to late game in case you have valuable followers that boost your stats, however if you draw the Poltergeist early game it can slow you down since it takes some time to be ready to enter the middle region. I can't decide which of the above would be the most annoying follower, if you were to keep one of the above which one would you keep and why?

#2 Velhart

Velhart

• Members
  • 4,210 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 12:24 AM

Curse by hag is more annoying. You lose all your followers. and you must land on the village to get rid of it.

Poltergeist is not so annoying anymore, since it has been ruled that you can also get rid of it if you cross the small river in the city or village in the outer region.

#3 talismanisland

talismanisland

Harbourmaster

• Members
  • 1,895 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 12:34 AM

The Poltergeist can actually be rather a useful Follower to get, especially if there is a Fountain of Wisdom or whatever nearby...

Harbourmaster at Talisman Island - 15 magical years and counting!

Sometimes I even update the Talisman Island Facebook Page!

#4 nyarmondt

nyarmondt

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 05:03 AM

Poltergeist a curse & a boon. You always know where you're going, and if you happen to draw a fountain of wisdom or a magic stream, then you're settled.

The only thing the hag gives you is some fodder for the vampire... 

#5 gedasm

gedasm

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 05:08 AM

There is really nothing bad with poltergeist. In the middle region you can walk between draw1-draw3 spaces. In the outer I like to play draw1-draw2(ruins). When this space is filled with annoying cards, then you can simply to go to the corner and discard poltergeist.

Hag is annoying. You must land exactly on the space. you are loosing turns then. And you havent any other follower, which is also annoying...

#6 Demarki

Demarki

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 08:15 AM

Velhart said:

Curse by hag is more annoying. You lose all your followers. and you must land on the village to get rid of it.

Poltergeist is not so annoying anymore, since it has been ruled that you can also get rid of it if you cross the small river in the city or village in the outer region.

Thanks for the tip, I would have never guessed that you can get rid of him by crossing one of the small bridges as well. The Hag will get the boot after all since he doesn't add anything to the game, instead he makes the person who draw him miserable, especially in end game.

#7 I. J. Thompson

I. J. Thompson

• Members
  • 775 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 04:39 AM

For the record, a 'hag' is, by definition, a woman. Just sayin'! 

IV  V  VI  I  III  II

#8 JCHendee

JCHendee

• Members
  • 2,811 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 02:38 AM

Definitely the Hag is far worse, though why the Poltergeist doesn't make you lose some Objects like the Hag makes you lose Followers has always baffled me and mine. And as other people have mention, in the right time and place, the Poltergeist has a hidden advantage because of purely random movement in the game. I've used it to good advantage and often avoid crossing water to keep it.

#9 Velhart

Velhart

• Members
  • 4,210 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 09:56 AM

With all the expansions at this moment, it becomes more difficult to draw the hag or the Poltergeist.

On top of that, most players go to the region boards, and in this manner, the mainboard will not see much action.. 

Anyway, you should keep those cards in the game.

#10 JCHendee

JCHendee

• Members
  • 2,811 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 01:49 AM

Velhart said:

On top of that, most players go to the region boards, and in this manner, the mainboard will not see much action..  

Which is partly why me and mine don't use expansion boards much anymore, and for when we do, we have even eliminated all Adventure cards that "force" moving to an expansion board.  The latter isn't necessary.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS