How long...

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 adamwehn

adamwehn

• Members
  • 120 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 02:39 PM

...do you think it will take for 5 or 6 new players to take a single turn of the game?

#2 Shadow

Shadow

• Members
  • 124 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 05:51 PM

Sometimes it can be an hour, sometimes it can be as little as 15 minutes.

If players are very cooperative and will announce that they will flip their strategy card on their turn, it can go quite fast, 15 minutes.

But that rarely happens.

Plan on 1 hour per round for 5 or 6 people.

30 minutes for a fast round, 1 hour 15 minutes for a slow round, ( Lots of battles to resolve, etc.)

#3 Fnoffen

Fnoffen

• Members
  • 524 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 12:08 AM

I would say 2 or 3 hours for the first game round with 5 or 6 NEW players. Unless they've all read up on the rules before hand. Because that's what takes time. Rules queries. As soon as one comes up, everyone wants to listen to the answer so there will be a lot of pauses for flipping through the rules.

For 5 or 6 experienced players or for later rounds with the new players, however, playing speed picks up. Especially if you apply "honor builds". That is, the active player announces that he's going to build in a system and the rest if the players have faith in his honor to not cheat when doing so, thus continuing on in the order of play.
Also, as you get more experienced, you will start to plan ahead more so you'll know what to do when it's your turn instead of starting to think about it then.

Pax Magnifica Bellum Gloriosum

#4 adamwehn

adamwehn

• Members
  • 120 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 05:00 AM

Fnoffen said:

I would say 2 or 3 hours for the first game round with 5 or 6 NEW players. Unless they've all read up on the rules before hand. Because that's what takes time. Rules queries. As soon as one comes up, everyone wants to listen to the answer so there will be a lot of pauses for flipping through the rules.

For 5 or 6 experienced players or for later rounds with the new players, however, playing speed picks up. Especially if you apply "honor builds". That is, the active player announces that he's going to build in a system and the rest if the players have faith in his honor to not cheat when doing so, thus continuing on in the order of play.
Also, as you get more experienced, you will start to plan ahead more so you'll know what to do when it's your turn instead of starting to think about it then.

I naturally am thinking ahead for my next turn.

#5 Shonner

Shonner

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 09:06 PM

Average from my experience is 1 hour for 5 - 6 players to all take a turn.

#6 Fnoffen

Fnoffen

• Members
  • 524 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 01:31 AM

Just so we all say the same thing here: Turn is defined as all players, in order of initiative, doing one action each within the action phase.

A Round is defined as a full play-through of strategy, action and status phase.

Just saying since I can't ever imagine a whole round going as fast as 15 minutes.

#7 adamwehn

adamwehn

• Members
  • 120 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 02:41 AM

Fnoffen said:

Just so we all say the same thing here: Turn is defined as all players, in order of initiative, doing one action each within the action phase.

A Round is defined as a full play-through of strategy, action and status phase.

Just saying since I can't ever imagine a whole round going as fast as 15 minutes.

Thank you for that, now that I understand the game better I will try to start referring to what is traditionally a turn, as a round.

#8 adamwehn

adamwehn

• Members
  • 120 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 02:55 AM

Fnoffen said:

Have you gotten my friend request?

#9 Fnoffen

Fnoffen

• Members
  • 524 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 05:23 AM

I have, and accepted it too. Sorry for the delay but the wee one takes up a heap of time...

#10 adamwehn

adamwehn

• Members
  • 120 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 05:25 AM

Fnoffen said:

I have, and accepted it too. Sorry for the delay but the wee one takes up a heap of time...

It's okay, was just making it known in case you didn't see it.  The lack of notification for them seems to be a problem.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS