Line of sight diagonally between two other enemies

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Zjb12

Zjb12

• Members
  • 502 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 02:46 PM

Hi!  My son had 1 tank with my tank directly across from him and one remaining soldier of a squad of mine next to him.  Diagonally across from him was my hero.  Can he shoot the hero diagonally across from him but between the other to forces on my team?

AB
CD

In others words, can D shoot A in the above layout?  

#2 Loophole Master

Loophole Master

• Members
  • 1,938 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 03:12 PM

Let me get this straight: A is your hero, B is your soldier, C is your tank and D is your son's tank. Correct?

In that case his tank can attack your hero, as LOS just skims your tank. Your hero would benefit from soft cover, if heroes could use cover.

If B was a tank, however, the shot would not be possible.

Also, if your son had a squad instead of a tank, the shot would not be possible.

#3 Zjb12

Zjb12

• Members
  • 502 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 03:19 PM

Loophole Master said:

Let me get this straight: A is your hero, B is your soldier, C is your tank and D is your son's tank. Correct?

In that case his tank can attack your hero, as LOS just skims your tank. Your hero would benefit from soft cover, if heroes could use cover.

If B was a tank, however, the shot would not be possible.

Also, if your son had a squad instead of a tank, the shot would not be possible.

Yeah, sorry, B is the tank.  A is the hero, C the remaining squad member.  But how come it would be okay in your other example?

#4 Loophole Master

Loophole Master

• Members
  • 1,938 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 03:27 PM

Either way, both instances work the same way.

This is a case of a tank attacking infantry. Other infantry units don't block LOS (line-of-sight) for this attack, but a tank does. So in this case the soldier standing on C is irrelevant, he doesn't affect the shot in any way. The tank in B blocks LOS, but the shot is not crossing the square occupied by it, it's just skimming its corner at a 45º angle. This means there is LOS and soft cover would be granted if the target was a squad.

#5 Zjb12

Zjb12

• Members
  • 502 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 03:38 PM

Ok, that makes sense and fits in with my understanding of the rules.  Thanks! 

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS