• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 talismanisland

talismanisland

Harbourmaster

• Members
  • 1,951 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 03:03 AM

Relic is "A Game of Heroic Struggle in the Warhammer 40,000 Universe for 2 to 4 Players" that uses the Talisman Game System.

Other quotes mentioned are "Out this Summer" and "Unpainted Busts", which probably means it should be a favourite for a Gen Con release and will use miniatures like those in Chaos in the Old World.

Source and image from Dakka Dakka and then reported on Talisman Island

Harbourmaster at Talisman Island - 15 magical years and counting!

Sometimes I even update the Talisman Island Facebook Page!

#2 azoic

azoic

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 11:11 AM

Let's hope Relic is playable with Talisman. Maybe it's a kind of Timescape.

FFG please give us more information about Relic!

#3 Velhart

Velhart

• Members
  • 4,210 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 12:15 PM

Nice to see the talisman word on the corner of the box.

Maybe we don't get a timescape for talisman, and instead, ffg release a new game that looks like timescape(science fiction) with the talisman mechanic.

Nice idea!

But i don't buy it

Timescape fans will be probably happy with this new game

#4 The_Warlock

The_Warlock

• Members
  • 1,701 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 12:37 AM

Considering the effort they're putting into Science Fiction settings since 2010 (Ad Astra, Gears of War, Infiltration, Merchant of Venus, Nexus Ops, Rex, Sky Traders), the company could easily change their name into Sci-Fi Flight Games.

This game might be a good idea, if market researches suggest there's an increasing interest for Sci-Fi while Fantasy is losing its appeal. The post LOTR movies era has finished and maybe the general pessimism around the world makes people think about alternative futures (or dystophian presents) rather than just dreaming of another universe.

Not sure if I want another game with the Talisman system in my collection, I will probably spend my money for Talisman expansions and Wiz-War.

#5 SolennelBern

SolennelBern

• Members
  • 958 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 11:02 PM

There's a sign tied around my neck "Slippery when drooling"...beware...

#6 Gearjock

Gearjock

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 01:40 PM

I'm excited for this BUT I am only going to buy it on one condition: it work with Talisman.

Why?  Because why would I want a game that shares the rules with Talisman but is not compatabile AND only allows for up to 4 players.  That isn't enough for my player group.

#7 Mr. Grimace

Mr. Grimace

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 10:47 AM

I hope Relic is not just Talisman with different names and pictures for cards. I would like to see a game using the some new mechanics and dimensions to the existing rules. As long as the game is sorta different than I am sold. If the only difference is the tavern is now the 'Space Tavern' and the city is known as the 'Hive City', than to hell with it. Talisman does not need Monopoly-esque versions.  

#8 Crag78

Crag78

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 04:34 AM

I only wish that the board will be as big as the Talisman's one.Similar to Timescape but on a bigger scale.With better spaces and characters.Also a different way to move around the board.Time will tell.

#9 Felis

Felis

• Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 04:42 PM

I'm hoping it will be compatible with Talisman the way the different Munchkin card games are compatible with each other. They all have different settings and specific mechanics but the goal of the game is always the same and with a set of "crossover" rules you can play all of them together.

I hope it won't be a carbon copy of Talisman but the size and general types of the cards will be the same, Characters will have the same stats, etc.

All there is left is to wait - the hardest challenge of all ;)

#10 Crag78

Crag78

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 04:08 AM

It will probably be compatible.I can't see why not.Relic is the answer for Timescape lovers who wished it as an expansion.Instead it's a game of its own and I think it's better this way.Hopefully without compromising the mixing compatibility.And also a chance for FFG to make another game in the 40k universe.

#11 Talos

Talos

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 03:19 AM

Any more news on Relic? I was kinda hoping it might have blipped on FFGs news page by now at the very least.

If wishes for the game still count, I'm hoping for 'not Timescape'. I'd like this to be a stand alone game that runs the same rule system as Talisman, but with a completely different board configuration. Sure substitute a sacred chapter relic for the Crown of Command so the game plays the same, but fill the board with 40k locations. No crossover for me, thanks.

#12 StormCaller

StormCaller

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 06:07 AM

I like it!!

Hmm, Could be that the Warhammer 40k topic will draw more of the warhammer 40k fans to the "Talisman" theme since Talisman in its own way is more linked with warhammer fantasy. 

Anyway, I love the idea and will be looking forward to more news over the summer!

SC

#13 Triple A

Triple A

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 01:12 PM

It's not being marketed as a Talisman expansion, so I'm sure it can be played as a stand-alone game.

Still, it would be great if it could also be combined with Talisman.

#14 Velhart

Velhart

• Members
  • 4,210 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 02:16 AM

I wonder if it has the same card format as the adventure cards.

If it follows the same rules how you must encounter adventure cards, then maybe that people can use those cards with the old timescape board.

It use at least the talisman game system.. 

#15 natstar

natstar

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 09:32 PM

I hope it turns out good!

#16 NemaLive

NemaLive

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 03:11 AM

I hope we hear something about it soon

#17 Nemomon

Nemomon

• Members
  • 798 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 09:48 AM

YESS!! ANNOUNCED!!

www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_news.asp

I hope we will see You in the Relic forum too: www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_foros_temas.asp

Enter the Talisman Island!

#18 Velhart

Velhart

• Members
  • 4,210 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 11:42 AM

I saw this news too late, but it looks very interesting.

They are talking about the outer, middle and inner region. That feels like talisman!

Instead of one adventure deck, there are 3 decks now…

Maybe i will buy it in the future…

Medi kit?  So Timescape has got his own game:)

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS