Hacan card trading ?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Neil

Neil

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 01:25 PM

I have a quick question that I haven't been able to find anywhere on the forum.

Do the Hacan have to trade action cards on a 1 for 1 basis, or can they simply buy and sell action cards in exchange for trade goods?

#2 Steve-O

Steve-O

• Members
  • 4,563 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 04:38 PM

There's nothing in the rules that limits the trading of ACs to 1 for 1 (or any other ratio for that matter.)

The question of whether or not they can trade ACs for Trade Goods is unspecified, however, it is also moot.  Given the lack of any specific ratio of cards (see above), the Hacan could always offer to "trade" [X] ACs for zero ACs provided his honourable trading partner agrees to give him [Y] TGs in exchange for nothing (or vice versa.)  Do it as two separate one-sided exchanges.

If your partner screws you by backing out of the second exchange, take it out of his hide or start trading with his enemies. =P

#3 Neil

Neil

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 06:48 PM

Thank you.  I found the use of the word "trade" in the ability frustratingly nonspecific. 

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS