On the boat!

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 felkor

felkor

• Members
  • 1,016 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 08:21 AM

The status for the Core Rulebook just changed from "At the Printers" to "On the Boat"

#2 reptilebro1

reptilebro1

• Members
  • 245 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 12:07 PM

WooHoo! 3 more weeks I and I will have one in hand!

#3 felkor

felkor

• Members
  • 1,016 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 05:33 AM

May I ask where you get 3 weeks from?

According to site, On the Boat means 6-8 weeks to distribution centre, and then 7-10 days to get to stores, for a total of 7-10 weeks.

I certainly hope it is quicker than that though!  I'm just wondering where you got 3 weeks from.

#4 Major Mishap

Major Mishap

• Members
  • 1,728 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 08:57 PM

felkor said:

According to site, On the Boat means 6-8 weeks to distribution centre, and then 7-10 days to get to stores, for a total of 7-10 weeks.

I certainly hope it is quicker than that though!  I'm just wondering where you got 3 weeks from.

...and then another month to get it to the UK.

#5 Gimp

Gimp

• Members
  • 559 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 04:51 AM

Major Mishap said:

felkor said:

...and then another month to get it to the UK.

On the bright side, the UK will get a month to hear whether people feel the game is a bang or a bust, and have a better idea of whether they want to spring the cash for it.

Not the most exciting option, but it gives a little bit of a silver lining to having to wait.

#6 Major Mishap

Major Mishap

• Members
  • 1,728 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 01:33 AM

Pre-ordered about 6 months ago :/

#7 Peacekeeper_b

Peacekeeper_b

• Members
  • 2,485 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 04:01 AM

I hope it is very soon. IU have two friends who are on teh verge of just finding something that is already out and focus on that instead of waiting for this to hit the market. And their reasoning is sound. We are in the military, some of us only have 6 months to a year left on station together, we would rather be able to play somethign now for six months, then two months from now for four months. Maybe we will get a demo PDF soon, a simple 12 or so page introduction guide.

#8 Nikolai

Nikolai

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 06:06 PM

Well, I would recommend you guys start collecting the stuff for your Dust Warfare armies now, play some Dust Tactics in the meantime I suppose, and with the recent preview of how army list building works and the promise of more previews to come, I'd say the wait won't be terribly long...

Just my 2 cents. ^_^

#9 felkor

felkor

• Members
  • 1,016 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 12:16 AM

The preview explicitly says the game comes out next month, so it won't be much of a wait at all, now. :-)

#10 Peacekeeper_b

Peacekeeper_b

• Members
  • 2,485 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 01:54 AM

Well we do play Dust Tactics, almost weekly, and waiting another month is not a problem. It was waiting another 6 months that was the problem. Now my other firends are looking at other games and are looking back at Warfare and saying "We dont know if it will be good or haw soon the other forces will be out or supplements will be available. And this game here (holds game in hand or shows on internet chat) already has X number of things and what not" which is reducing the odds of at least one of two of my guys playing Dust Warfare.

Which is a shame, as I have about 5 guys who are interested, who have decent sized axis or allied forces and another moving in the area soon who is interested in doing a French Foreign Legion themed Allied force and I have preordered about everything everything with the lettes S S and U in it. But all it takes is one or two hold outs and a group can collapse.

I, for one, am hoping by "next month" they mean in a week or two it will be out and shipped to preorders and retailers, not that by the end of April it will be released and shipped out to be picked up in May by retailers and a week later arrive on door steps.

I fully plan to play it. I have a huge axis foce and enjoy tactics and hope Warfare is as good as it sounds. But my disappointment is still there. A free demo rule set (10 pages, move, shoot, fight, etc...) would have gone a long way to promoite the game. And to keep my friends interested.

But I still look forward to it. Just hurry the damn boat!

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS