• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Bolfa Fluffbelly

Bolfa Fluffbelly

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 11:21 PM

Where is the community?

I see great game mechanics, nice theme and art and plentiful of expansions. So why does it seem that no one play?

#2 Kaine82

Kaine82

• Members
  • 439 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 03:12 AM

A lot of people have never heard about the game. We built our group by creating a meetup site and meeting at the same place and time every week with a big sign on the table to let people know what we are playing.

Within 6 months we have grown from 2 people to a regular 6-8 every week with a Warhammer Regional Championship being held at our shop on Apr 28!

Play LCGs in Louisville KY :: Monthly tournaments at 2 locations!

Wednesdays :: Something2Do :: 6:30PM - 10:00PM

Fridays :: BluegrassMagic GameShop :: 6:30 PM - Midnight

RSVP :: meetup.com/cardboardgamers

#3 HappyDD

HappyDD

• Members
  • 314 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 08:16 AM

We too are hosting a regional (Calgary AB, May 19th, only Canadian regional for Invasion, you should come) and our play group was founded while I was playing another game, saw someone else that had an Invasion box, and ran across the store bellowing "Hey do you guys play Invasion! Let's be friends!" Thankfully that awkward exchange led to a fairly steady group of guys. The community is very grassroots in North America. From what I can tell there are a few people in each state (2 regionals just in Kentucky? What the hell is up with that?) but people are really making efforts to grow.

We actually should have a resource that lists play groups...

#4 Kaine82

Kaine82

• Members
  • 439 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 08:29 AM

I was actually a little upset when I saw 2 regionals in Kentucky. I was really counting on the guys from Lexington driving up to Louisville to play(only an hour drive), but now I'm looking at the bright side. I get to play in 2 regionals!

Play LCGs in Louisville KY :: Monthly tournaments at 2 locations!

Wednesdays :: Something2Do :: 6:30PM - 10:00PM

Fridays :: BluegrassMagic GameShop :: 6:30 PM - Midnight

RSVP :: meetup.com/cardboardgamers

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS