Dreadfeet POD anyone got this yet?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 crimsonsun

crimsonsun

• Members
  • 223 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 10:45 AM

Hi just wondered if anyone has this yet? Its the first 3e release that has left me uninspired to say the least, just wondered if people had it if they would be willing to discuss/review its contents?

Many thanks Crimsonsun

The Question of Khaine

"A God named Khaine, A God of Murder and death and bloodshed, only the willfully blind could not see this is none other than the Blood Lord Himself, cloaked in one of his many guises to beguile and trick those who might otherwise repel him!"

-The Liber Chaotica

#2 RARodger

RARodger

• Members
  • 306 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 03:45 AM

Mine showed up yesterday. I don't have a detailed review for you, but I was disappointed. It consists of a handful of capatains, each with an associated action card and some character stands that can be cut up. I didn't take a look at the actions very closely, but none of it spoke to mea whole lot. The simple truth is there wasn't enough information there that I could hook into the rest of the game... it was unclear to me what I could do with the captains.

The neat thing, though, were location cards for different parts of a ship... the crowsnest, a deck, the captains cabin I think.

It's a nice idea, but it didn't quite land for me.

(Unlike Faith of Sigmar which I also got yesterday and am VERY happy with.)

#3 crimsonsun

crimsonsun

• Members
  • 223 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 05:58 AM

Thanks for the reply, maybe i will grab it just for the location cards, going to order faith of sigmar, and if im paying for shipping to the uk i may as well get both as the price difference is very little.

Thanx Crimsonsun

The Question of Khaine

"A God named Khaine, A God of Murder and death and bloodshed, only the willfully blind could not see this is none other than the Blood Lord Himself, cloaked in one of his many guises to beguile and trick those who might otherwise repel him!"

-The Liber Chaotica

#4 RARodger

RARodger

• Members
  • 306 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 06:27 AM

Yeah, I don't know about overseas shipping, but otherwise the price on these make it really easy to buy even if there's just a little piece that interests you. Plus, I'm happy to support the model at the moment to get more of this stuff.

#5 crimsonsun

crimsonsun

• Members
  • 223 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 07:46 AM

I totally agree with you, and to be fair shipping is about $8 for the POD which is fine, most ffg products are between 50-60 which means i would never pay the price for it to be done, but i cant complain at $8.

Thanx Crimsonsun

The Question of Khaine

-The Liber Chaotica

#6 InfectiousZombie

InfectiousZombie

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 06:23 PM

I just got mine today and I am a little disappointed though I am still happy to have the product. First, my disappointment: Character Stand up cards are horrible. I don’t feel I should have to cut up anything I buy to be able to use it as it is meant to be used. I know this is probably a small matter for most people but for me it is a big letdown. Lego requires assembling, character stand ups should not. Second, the good stuff: Location cards that are included are fantastic with the caveat that you want/will use a ship. I am already plotting adventures for my group or the next based on these cards alone, very well done. Additionally I think the Captain Creature cards in the set are very well done and very diverse. Good and Bad guys aplenty! They have very powerful very characteristic special rules that will let them stand out and be loved/hated by your players! The skill cards are hit or miss for me, but really I can see all of them being useful and like the location cards, have given me wonderful ideas for villains and heroes alike. All in all I would give the set 8 out of 10. To make it a solid 10, no construction needed parts and maybe a little more story. I don’t know much about the dread fleet and something to tie it into the old world would have been nice. Hope this helps anyone who is on the fence about it!

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS